Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

delta_t
Adept I
Adept I

Switchable graphics are no more available since the Crimson Update

Jump to solution

Hello !

I have an Aspire V5-561PG Acer laptop since two years. It is actually running Windows 10 (64 bits) and has a AMD Radeon R7 M265 (2GB of dedicated RAM). I have updated my drivers a few days ago to the last version of AMD Radeon software (16.5.2.1), so Catalyst has been replaced by Crimson. But now, the "Switchable Graphics" menu is no more available when I'm doing a right-click, and I can't find an option in the Radeon settings or even in AMD Gaming Evolved (optimization of my games has no effect) : my games are launched with my other graphic card (Intel HD Graphics) which I don't want.

I've already updated to the new version of Crimson (a new version was available two days ago) but no Switchable Graphics otpion is available. I also wanted to restore my system but all my restore points have been deleted...

Does anyone have an idea of how I could fix this problem ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Switchable graphics are no more available since the Crimson Update

Jump to solution

Please remove the AMD drivers using DDU, then install Crimson 16.5.2.1 and additional settings should load correctly. This is mentioned in the release notes as a Known Issue.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 Release Notes

• Radeon Settings Additional Settings page may not be available when upgrading to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 from the current windows update driver. As a work around please clean uninstall all current Radeon Software when upgrading if your system exhibits this issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution
delta_t
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick answer. I have already tried to launch the Additional settings but when I click on it in Preferences, nothing happens (no new window or menu appears). I have already uninstalled and reinstalled AMD software but nothing changes.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

I find that it takes awhile for the Additional settings to start/appear. Try again and just wait a little longer.

0 Kudos
delta_t
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've been waiting 10 minutes, but there's nothing...

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please remove the AMD drivers using DDU, then install Crimson 16.5.2.1 and additional settings should load correctly. This is mentioned in the release notes as a Known Issue.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 Release Notes

• Radeon Settings Additional Settings page may not be available when upgrading to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 from the current windows update driver. As a work around please clean uninstall all current Radeon Software when upgrading if your system exhibits this issue.

View solution in original post

bilbaowow101
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Guys can you please show me how to do this?

thanks

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

How to use DDU?

Download it, extract it, run it, follow the prompt to launch the application in safe mode and then click clean and restart.

delta_t
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you amdmatt, your solution worked !

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it.

0 Kudos