cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

allanmac
Adept I

Support for VK_KHR_buffer_device_address

This device extension isn't supported by the Windows drivers yet I see it's supported on Linux/Mesa.

Any timetable for this support?  

It's extremely useful!

0 Likes
3 Replies

That seems to be something in Vulkan which will likely surface down the road with a new driver. Likely some components will be added to Windows as well.

0 Likes

From what I have found both Windows 10 Intel and Nvidia Drivers support that Vulcan new extention.

Intel: Intel Rolls Out HD Graphics Driver 26.20.100.7323 for Windows 10 DCH 64-bit 

Intel has made available a new version of its HD Graphics driver, namely the 26.20.100.7323 update, which improves adds support for Microsoft’s Windows 10 November 2019 Update (Version 1909) RTM.

In addition to that, the 7323 build also adds Direct ML metacommands support (for transposed GEMV in FP32), and allows using VK_EXT_shader_demote_to_helper_invocation and VK_KHR_buffer_device_address Vulkan Extensions

Nvidia: Vulkan Driver Support | NVIDIA Developer 

November 25th, 2019 - Windows 436.65, Linux 435.27.08

Khonos: Vulkan® 1.1.134 - A Specification (with all registered Vulkan extensions) . The extension is included in Vulkan version 1.2.

Promotion to Vulkan 1.2

All functionality in this extension is included in core Vulkan 1.2, with the KHR suffix omitted. The original type, enum and command names are still available as aliases of the core functionality.

https://www.khronos.org/registry/vulkan/specs/1.1-extensions/html/chap44.html#_version_history_3Version History

• Revision 1, 2019-06-24 (Jan-Harald Fredriksen)

• Internal revisions based on VK_EXT_buffer_device_address

From this tech site concerning Vulkan version 1.2 and AMD Drivers: Vulkan 1.2 Spec Released, Adds 23 Proven Extensions into the Core API 

The press release also includes a few additional statements of support from the industry.

Andrej Zdravkovic, corporate vice president of software development at AMD:

AMD is excited to provide support for the Vulkan 1.2 specification in our upcoming Vulkan 1.2 supported driver for a broad range of AMD graphics hardware, including the AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series and AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 Series. Vulkan 1.2 brings many new features, including Dynamic Descriptor Indexing and finer type support for 16-bit and 8-bit types – and are designed to enable developers to better take advantage of modern GPU features and deliver richer graphics experiences to end users. We look forward to continued adoption of the Vulkan API and the new graphics experiences possible with the latest Vulkan 1.2 feature set.

I think I have one game that uses Vulkan, rest of DX9-DX12 with some OpenGL

0 Likes