cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

star-affinity
Adept II

Sudden black screen while playing Apex Legends – crash log avaliable

So, I thought the crashing was gone since it's been working fine since I installed the Adrenaline 20.5.1 driver and Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 update) for quite some time, but now I once more got a crash (sudden black screen) while playing Apex Legends. I have turned on logging in Windows and the crash logs points at amdkmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys and dxgmm2.sys as being involved.

Would someone at AMD be interested in those logs, amdmatt‌?

I know you still have "Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely." so I thought I'd post here again and ask. Hopefully it's of value to the driver developers.

My current computer specs:

•  AMD Graphics Card

• Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC

• Operating System

• Windows 10 64bit 2004 19041.329 (all current Windows updates installed)

• Driver 

• Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1

• Display Devices

• Motherboard + Bios Revision

• Apple Mac Pro (Mid 2010), BootROM 144.0.0.0.0 (latest)

• CPU

• 6 Core Intel Xeon W3680

• PSU

• 980 Watts Apple Power Supply

• RAM

• 32 GB DDR3

0 Likes
2 Replies
star-affinity
Adept II

And it happened again while I was running the Unigine Valley benchmark. Got a new dump file if anyone's interested. But it seems there's an echo in here...

0 Likes
star-affinity
Adept II

Just wanted to report that I decided to return the card (Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC) to the retail store where I bought it. They could reproduce the problem in their computer and gave me a new replacement card and now all is fine!

Oh, my. All this time it was a hardware problem. Didn't suspect that since the sudden black screens are listed as a known issue in the drivers.

0 Likes