Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timoneill84
Adept I

Subnautica driving me mad!

Hi All

I'm trying to get Subnautica to load and it just crashes when launching (no black screen or anything like that, just a box saying it's crashed etc).

I've tried it on Adrenaline 18.12.1 and 18.5.1, 18.6.1 doesn't seem to work on my PC. I also can't get 18.4

specs - Ryzen 5 2400GE with Radeon Vega 11

FYI if it helps i'm trying to launch the game through Epic Games Launcher.

Any help would be great....

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

fixed it! I had to remove Citrix. Thanks all.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Support for epic was added in 18.12.1.1, iirc, won't work on any earlier driver.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks, I did update to this yesterday and it didn't work. Will try again later though by downloading from the website instead of updating in the settings menu. What do you mean by iirc?

If I Recall/Remember Correctly.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Now on 18.12.2 and surprise surprise still not working grrrrr, any ideas please?

Is this game the only issue? Tried other games? Do you have any yellow marks in Device Manager? Did you clean install the drivers after running DDU in safe mode?

Other games outside of Epic Games Launcher work fine. No yellow marks, did have a warning about disk space in the security centre so cleaned up some and now have 10gb but still have the issue.

I've got DDU but don't really know what i'm doing with it!

0 Likes

One of the things I find helps some Unreal engine games is to override the Anistropic filtering and Anti-aliasing in the game profile in Radeon Settings. You can also see if in game, if it has the option to turn off or lower particle effects settings is available as that can help. Have no idea on how to help this game specifically, but this stuff has as I said helped other UE games.

0 Likes

fixed it! I had to remove Citrix. Thanks all.

mitchconner
Adept I

The Game doesn't actually have any DRM so try finding the install folder and launching Subnautica.exe directly. I have the epic games version but i bypass the launcher completely.

Thanks, Just tried the application file, same issue

Wow how weird Epic releasing yet another game that doesn't work with standard drivers. It seems as every other developer on earth can make the Unreal engine run smooth as butter except Epic.

0 Likes
aristoi
Journeyman III

Citrix is terrible software. I really encourage you to never buy their stuff.