cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aufkrawall
Adept II

Re: I experience stutters after updating to 17.12.1(17.12.2/18.1.1/18.2.1 too) in games and general browsing

Jump to solution

Still not fixed with Adrenalin 18.3.1.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II

Re: I experience stutters after updating to 17.12.1(17.12.2/18.1.1/18.2.1 too) in games and general browsing

Jump to solution

yeah, still very bad. I did try clean install of windows too, while i knew its obviously a driver issue (if the older one does fine), but i did. Still the same. Also Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't make GPU use higher frequencies at all. It just stucks at 200mhz while im actually playing, and of course using 17.11.4 game runs smooth 60fps at normal/high settings.

0 Kudos
aufkrawall
Adept II

Jump to solution

In the registry, there is an option called "PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable" (it's also available via 3rd party tool RadeonMod). When this option is activated, at least the stuttering when moving windows disappears here. However, performance in other applications like scrolling in Firefox is still far from acceptable. Only forcing maximum clocks via ClockBlocker helps completely.

handsomefox
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

From my perspective new 18.3.2 drivers seem to have less lags. Wanna see your results. Mozilla is still laggy on scrolling but my osu seems to stop lag lol.

0 Kudos
aufkrawall
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, situation is still unchanged for me with 18.3.2.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Hey just a question as your topic originated with NO REQUIRED INFORMATION INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION . Are you on a laptop or desktop? If you are on a laptop did you follow the instructions for installing on a laptop? Laptop graphics update...How to  If you are on a desktop, does it have on-board graphics, and is your discrete chosen to be initialized first in bios/EFI, usually the PEG option?  Is is one or more monitors connected to your motherboard graphics port and not just to the graphics card as it should be?  I ask these, because your specs are missing, and I do want to help you, but your issue sounds like one where the built in graphics are prioritized over the discrete card you have installed. If that is the case drivers are not the issue and failing at any of those things mentioned will likely be the culprit.

I would absolutely check all those simple commonly missed items before I start registry changes or adding 3rd party utilities in an atempt to help. Often that just introduces more variables into an already uncertain situation.

My apologies if this isn't the issue just thought it would be quicker to bring this up then playing 20 questions to figure out what you do have.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Are you by chance using a Logitech Mouse? The non-smooth scrolling is a known issue for them in browsers.  On Chrome they even have an extension to install that helps this, I don't know of any help there with Firefox. Often people find relief from this by using the native windows drivers and not installing their suites. If it's a gaming mouse and you want the features though, not a good option.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II

Jump to solution

Nothing applies to me. It is just a driver issue.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II

Jump to solution

Fine, it is logitech mouse. But why does old driver scroll smoothly? Unexplainable, right?) Also extension doesn't help anyway.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Okay good luck to you, hope a driver appears to fix your issues.

0 Kudos