cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

handsomefox
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

I really recommend you checking out new drivers (i did clean install too), they seem to work a lot better, at least for now they have no lags for me, using 1803 windows build.

handsomefox
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

They work for me better than 17.11.4 do, so ill guess it's time to close this thread, heh. I don't have issues with cursor in firefox though, which is strange.

0 Likes
aufkrawall
Adept II

Jump to solution

Maybe I'll be able to test another display with 1080p HDMI instead of my current 1440p DL-DVI, but I'm not exactly hopeful.

Anyhow, glad it's at least ok for you now.

0 Likes
eliforp
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Can you print to PDFs without the stutter?  Does the print queue clear after printing to a printer?  It seems the drivers cause an issue with that too.  I had to revert back to the MS drivers which are dated last year to get rid of the issue.

0 Likes
handsomefox
Adept II

Jump to solution

Had to do some physics stuff todya and tested, printed PDF without problems on new drivers.

eliforp
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Good to know that not all others have that problem.  It is the worst.

0 Likes
poqdavid
Adept II

Jump to solution

for me it got better with 18.5.1

0 Likes
edinhoieu
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I used to have my TV plugged in, using HDMI cable. Unplugging it solved the problem for me. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

0 Likes
matthewearl
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Ok after researching a ton..I found something that works. I had to use the older drivers to fix this but I wanted to use the newer features or ReLive. I am now running 18.6.1 without issue. To fix stuttering of frames (going up and down like a yoyo every second or so) this is what you do.

Install the newest driver after a clean removal using the AMD utility.

Enable the WattMan in the Gaming -> global Settings -> Global WattMan

Change STATE 6 and STATE 7 to have the same values. I use 1235 on both. Make sure Frequency is set to Dynamic (slider)

Voltage control on manual and set the voltage on both stages the same (1150 in my case)

Set Memory Voltage to manual

And here is the kicker... Set power limit % to -10 (minus 10)

Let me know if this works for anyone. I been trying to find this out for almost a year.

0 Likes
terance
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Didn't read all the latest posts, but I did see someone mention turning on the mouse trail in your additional mouse options.  I was having really bad mouse stutter with adrenaline driver and this fixed it for me. Turned on the trail, and turned the setting down to "short", so its barely noticeable, but the stutter is gone. 

Silly fix, but I'm happy with it. Hope this helps.

0 Likes