cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aufkrawall
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

I mentioned it a few times in the feedback form itself, I hope they get read...

0 Kudos
mlong128ir
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing this issue on my RX480.  I've taken video of it and you can find it here AMD Drivers Stuttering RX480 - YouTube .  Its been very annoying being forced to stick with older drivers and not having Adrenaline.

0 Kudos
akalion
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing a similar issue on a new RX 580.

I have stutters in Guild Wars 2 and severe mouse lag in XCOM2. I have tried some other RPGs as well and the performance is far from what I would expect from such a graphics card.

Furthermore in Guild Wars 2 I have experienced reboots and hangs as well when there are a lot of particles on screen.

The machine is Windows 10 1709 64Bit, Intel i7 8700 @3.20,  VGA SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX580 8GD5, 16 GB RAM DDR3, ASRock Z370M Pro4 MB. The PC is configured for high performance.

I have tried clear installs of previous drivers and I can't say I have seen much of an improvement.

Any suggestion is welcome.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

New 18.3.3 drivers still have lags.

akalion
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Indeed, I think it might be even worse than 18.3.2 if that is even possible. After a lot of experimentation, so far the drivers that have worked best for me are 17.7.2.

0 Kudos
akalion
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I would like to give an update to my situation as I've had some progress, in case someone else can benefit.

My main stuttering and mouse delays problems were not caused by the graphics drivers at all, but by the corsair utility engine (CUE) software that I use for my mouse and keyboard instead. Specifically, the software had a high frequency parameter for the polling of the mouse and keyboard and that created an overall delay. Reducing that improved things considerably.

Nevertheless, I still experience crashes and reboots while playing games when there are a lot of particles on screen. I am testing reducing the card frequency/memory frequency via wattman as that seems to alleviate some of the problems, but haven't reached conculsions on this aspect yet.

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, I am sure it will help someone else. Kinda like I said earlier. I had run into the same thing with Logitech drivers. I just uninstalled them and went back to the windows drivers and the issue went away.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Can't agree because i don't have any software in background when testing new drivers

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Okay. so the new AMD driver (18.3.4) has firefox lags fixed, works almost as good as old one. Games lag anyway.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Cool! Looking forward to trying it. I was just frustrated by the lag yesterday and switched to edge to watch video. Thanks for the heads up!

0 Kudos