cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aufkrawall
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

It can't be the mouse when the issue disappears when forcing full GPU clocks. And I don't even have a Logitech mouse.

It's a normal desktop system with integrated graphics disabled in bios.

And the issue btw. doesn't exist on Linux with free drivers. It's just the Windows driver's power management being entirely broken.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Stutters after updating to 17.12.1 (and all new Adrenalin drivers) in games and general browsing on RX560

Jump to solution

I agree that the Windows 10 power management settings are fubar. I use park control free to change those settings automatically for maximum power and core performance. Like the setting used to be in Windows 7. Windows 10 treats every computer like a power sipping laptop.

0 Kudos
aufkrawall
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

The issue is not Windows 10, it's how AMD configured GPU powersaving in their driver.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

I was agreeing with what you said about Windows "Windows driver's power management being entirely broken" but whatever.

rI already told you everything I know that fixes most issues for most people. If an old driver works for you I would load that and call it a day. I would suggest you guys fill out a service request with AMD: Email Form  As this is a community forum not an official way to report issues. If AMD doesn't make you happy then vote with your dollars and join the green team. It's a shame if the only recourse is that. Luckily so many are able to benefit from some simple settings changes and get back to gaming, I agree it sucks you have to do that.

Hope you all find a solution to your problems.

Maybe someone else can help you.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

disable any link state from you build in your bios. Run your windows 10 power settings as high preformance diabling any form or power saving & your card will run without issues. I do it with all my builds any link state in bios in all my builds are diabled & power saving settings in 10 disabled have no issues what so ever with throttling. Easy to do with 10 just gotta go digging round & listen to what works. I been with 10 since its been out i know alot of tricks & tips. Stop blaming AMD for driver issues where its not AMDs end when it comes down to fine tuning to suit your build & bios OS settings.

0 Kudos
aufkrawall
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I already tried all of that months ago, you're wrong.

0 Kudos
bubboteam
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

agree, AMD he did just mess by introducing this new Adrenaline, it totally sucks since it was introduced and they started to occur problems that I had never really experienced before, now I have several months that I can not record a video in game, thanks AMD

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

You know it's not logical, right? (Just so you know, all of needed optimizations from OS/BIOS side are done for me) But i already said that installing older 17.11.4 driver version fixes all the issues i have. So, if i didn't have this Windows/BIOS settings set to what you suggested, why would it work perfectly fine on older driver anyway? That really doesn't make sense. Because, if issue doesn't exist for me on older drivers and exists on new one's, you know that exactly it's because of something changed in new drivers, right?

New drivers just work worse, maybe it's only on some vendors cards, although i really doubt it, since drivers are the same for all rx 560's.

aufkrawall
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I've been reporting the issue for every affected driver also via the feedback form, but haven't received any feedback yet.

And they still don't even list the RX 560 in the feedback form (edit: ok, it's there now. Wow! )...

I'm not utterly upset about this issue because the RX 560 doesn't consume so much power when forced into full clocks via ClockBlocker, but it's quite disappointing though. Especially since it works way better on Linux (very aggressive upclocking, but _0_ stutter anywhere -> exactly what I want with a stationary PC!).

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

It's here because ive made a thread for this too, they've added it in like one day after it, so I guess they just didn't know it wasn't in it.

0 Kudos