Processor: AMD A10 Extreme Edition Radeon R, 4C + 8G
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.45 GB usable)
Device ID: 2C9155DA-11AA-4E05-A9A9-E97AA092A643
Product ID: 00325-95899-49822-AAOEM
Display Adapters: AMD Radeon R8 M365DX, and AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
Currently am using AMD Catalyst Software Suite 15.201.1101-150806a-188821C-HP
Said suite has a Graphics Chipset of AMD Radeon (TM) R7 Graphics 
BIOS Version 015.048.000.061

So for the past several day, I've struggled to find a version of AMD Adrenalin that will actually installed for my system. Originally, I've was using a version of Crimson that was just doing just fine before I've decided to update. Now I'm stuck in this endless feedback loop of installing and uninstalling drivers using either AMD unistall or DDU. At first, the issue was that my installations of the driver that was suggested to me through Auto Detect would only be partially installed (Error 1603). I'll have done everything to sort the issue out such as the stuff I've already mentioned along with temporarily disabling Windows Defender or Windows firewall, making edits in regedit like GameDVR. Pretty much everything that has been suggested to sort this issue out, I've attempted it. 

A

Well the good news now is that I've consistently get the installation to finished all the way through technically speaking. However, when I try to open Radeon settings, all I get is "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD Driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Now I've also updated my display settings and the Bios to help with this issue, but I'm conceived I'll simply don't know what version of the AMD drivers is compatible for my system. 

I've try to do manual installations by judging my display adapters and processors, but I've couldn't find a specific version that is titled based of those (If that's what I'm supposed to do in the first place). Something like AMD Radeon (TM) R7 260X for instance. Right now I'm just using Catalyst provided by the HP site as a placeholder until I can get this issue sorted out properly. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I've hoped I explained my issue well enough.    

0 Likes
2 Replies

It's important to identify which A10 processor you have...there are many. Depending on which version you have, AMD offers generic drivers for specific APU's. If you don't see it listed, then drivers are only available from the manufacturer.

You only install the one driver > Laptop graphics update...How to 

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

Alright, I'm gonna try this out. I'll report back when this get sorted out. Thanks for helping out.