cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Re: Streaming/Recording with ReLive creates stuttering in games.

My apologies. I totally overlooked my specs.

I'm currently using 2 RX 480s in Crossfire at PCIe 3.0 x8 paired with an Intel i7 4770s. Cards are at stock except for a custom fan curve. I'm attempting to record to an SATA 6Gb/s SSD that is dedicated for recording. I have 16 GB RAM and use never breaks 10GB. I can't blame the crossfire because it was happening when I had my single R9 290X in the system as well with all the same specs otherwise. I am using a 144hz display so I'll have to test if setting it to 60 works better. I record at 60FPS ideally anyway.

Here's a pcpartpicker if you would like more details. Core i7-4770S 3.1GHz Quad-Core, Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR (2-Way CrossFire), 780T ATX Full Tower - Syste...

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I just did some testing and this issue occurs regardless of what I do. I am using the latest drivers and I've tried reducing my refresh rate to 60, set my resolution to match the recording so there's no scaling involved, ensured that my recording SSD was empty, and even removed one of my cards completely to eliminate Crossfire as culprit. I get what I would describe as a "pause" in frame delivery that lasts for a couple seconds before going back to normal. This happened roughly every 30sec to a 1 min. Testing was done with DiRT Rally at 1080p true Fullscreen with no Freesync, etc enabled. As basic as I could make it. I'd love to use ReLive. But I can't if it's going to cause freezes like this. Oh, and the issue happened in menus as well as in game.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I just confirmed that the issue did NOT occur when playing in windowed mode and recording the Desktop it that means anything.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

My issue was actually fixed after reinstalling Windows. If you can do that, I'd suggest giving that a try.

0 Kudos

You have done pretty well so far, disabling crossfire etc.

Have you tried different games or just desktop?

Can you try disabling Hyper-V service? There should be plenty of guides how to do it in windows 10. I have no idea why this causes issues with recording, but I know it does cause issues, it should take you a few clicks and a reboot, so it's worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I've tried several different games that run in several different modes. I've tried R6 Siege in both fullscreen and borderless, DiRT rally in all 3, and Dead by Daylight which runs exclusively in borderless. All of them exhibit the same issue to some degree. I'll try disabling Virtualization. I do use V-box on occasion.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

With the latest version of Radeon Software (17.3.1) my issue seems to be resolved. I've turned Instant replay back on so I'll find out over the course of a few weeks but it would appear that this was fixed! Can you confirm that it resolved the issue for you as well?

0 Kudos