cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Streaming/Recording with ReLive creates stuttering in games.

Whenever I'm streaming or just recording in general with ReLive in games like GTA or Rainbow 6 Siege, I get a lot of stuttering in game, even while holding a 70+ FPS. I have a R9 Fury, and play all my games in borderless at 1080p. FRTC and Chill are both off, and I have a slight overclock right now. I'm also on the latest drivers.

I've done a little testing in GTA while streaming. I started first by putting my streaming settings at or near max settings, and streamed. I still got over 60 FPS, but the stuttering persisted until I turned off ReLive. I than tried streaming at the lowest settings, and still had a very similar experience as streaming at maximum settings.

Conclusion: I've scoured the internet for quite a while trying to find any fixes, or even anyone with similar issues to mine, but I can't seem to find anything. I'll continue to play with settings to try and remedy my issue, but I haven't had any luck for the last few weeks. Thanks for any advice in advance!

16 Replies
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Streaming/Recording with ReLive creates stuttering in games.

I have the same sought of issue. My games gladly chug along at 80-90fps until they suddenly freeze up for 2-3 seconds and return to normal. This only happens when relive is on and still occurs even if there is no active recordings/replay. I have completed a clean install with DDU but with no success. In my case I am using an R9 390x Nitro.

P:S You might wanna post the rest of your build, as you will get asked that anyway and others may ignore this post as a result.

My Build Copy & Paste:

CPU - Intel I5 6600k (4.8GHz, 1.38v)

GPU - Sapphire Nitro R9 390X

Memory - Kingston Hyper X DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB)

Cooling - A40 Hybrid Cooler

Motherboard - MSI Z170A PRO CARBON

HHD - Western Digital Blue 1TB

SSD - Kingston Hyper X Fury 730 128GB, Crucial MX300 750GB

Case - NZXT S340 Black

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

And you have reported this to AMD? AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I haven't yet, thanks for the link!

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

My issue isn't quite the same. I don't get the dip in FPS, or even the massive frame skips. My frame time's actually end up in the 20-23 ms range, when I need it closer to 14ms to play just under 75hz.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I encounter the same thing. Doesn't matter if I'm recording actively, using replay, or streaming. I play for between 30 seconds to 3 mins and then I'll get freeze in the game for about 3-5 seconds before it continues. The recording doesn't show it so I think it's when the speed it's writing to disk isn't fast enough but it happens regardless of settings. I've reported it as well. I also get distorted audio but that's another issue.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Why do people jump on a thread without posting INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same issue too, but on Rainbow Six: Siege. It happens when I'm recording or not. I've tried restarting the PC, Turning all the settings down to low, and reinstalling the game. The stuttering stops once I terminate AMD ReLive using Task Manager.

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Athlon X4 860K

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A78M-D3H

Graphics

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group)

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

You probably have the Instant Replay feature enabled. It records in the background but doesn't save it until you press a hotkey. It's for catching those "Special" moments.

From reading this thread it looks like relive causes issues if your display refresh rate is above 60Hz? Or something else?It looks like all of the posts are describing a different problem. And hardly anyone posted their specs...

OP, can you try doing the same with regular, so NOT borderless, fullscreen? Disable xbox DVR if you are using w10? What are your recording settings? What is your video memory usage without relive? Do you have anything in the background? What is your card power limit set to? It might be that adding relive on top of gta is just enough to overflow your memory amount? (from my experience, it reserves around 100MB of it, so not really that much - it shouldn't be the problem)

0 Kudos