cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

demofusion
Adept I

Strange text in 19.12.2 Display Configuration EULA

After many unsuccessful attempts to install 19.12.3, I reverted to the previous version (19.12.2), which installs and seems to work fine. However, when I go to Settings --> Display --> Custom Resolutions, it asks me to agree to an EULA with barely any text, looking like the screenshot I am attaching.

No matter what language I choose, this remains the same. What is more peculiar is the word "WORM' in big capitals. I'm pretty sure it's only a bug, but it still looks somewhat alarming.

Searched the web and the AMD forums but found nothing relevant.

Thank you in advance for any input.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It sounds reasonable...but..

I think I would ask AMD using this link or maybe ask on Twitter > https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I would run a good anti-virus program.

Thank you for responding.

I have already scanned multiple times with Avast, Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. No virus or other malware in sight (according to them, at least).

Unfortunately I hadn't accessed that menu before so I don't know whether the strange text was also present in older versions of the AMD software, or it only appears in this one.

I downloaded the driver directly from the AMD site. The computer runs with no problems at all. I am not using any illegal programs or visit suspicious sites. The computer is mostly used for gaming (all games are legally bought from Steam).

The only trouble I had recently was installing the Adrenalin 19.12.3 version, which throws a 1604 error (as also described by others on the forum).

Thanks again and let's hope the mystery will be solved.

0 Likes
demofusion
Adept I

A couple more malware scans later with ClamAV and BitDefender, there is still no sign of any virus.

So, after a bit more searching... could "WORM" be referring to this:

Write once read many - Wikipedia

(although I fail to see what such a reference would be doing there, but anyway).

In any case, the mystery of the disappeared EULA text remains.

0 Likes

It sounds reasonable...but..

I think I would ask AMD using this link or maybe ask on Twitter > https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Thank you for the link. I'll give it a try.

0 Likes