nigellus
Journeyman III

StoreMI Transform Current boot drive failed

Hi guys, I've just finished to assemble my first PC with the following specs:

CPU: 2400G

MOBO: x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

SSD: Crucial MX500 250Gb

HDD: Seagate ST2000DM006 2TB

I was curious tro try StoreMI so I donwloaded (from the Amd site) then installed it.

I have the OS and boot partition on the HDD and the SSD is brand new (had to format it twice 'cause windows installed here the boot partition during the first W10 installation), and these are the steps I'm doing but I have no idea where could be the problem, any tips?

I select the first option

p1-1.PNG

p1-2.PNG

I select the SSD as the fast tier

p1-3.PNG

It shows me this message, this may be the problem but it doesn't tells me what to do in this case, so, I choose to continue

p1-4.PNG

Now starts the transform process, but shortly shows this message

p1-5.PNG

edit. title

0 Likes
1 Reply
zaduvalo
Adept I

I have a similar problem and I found my system MBR drive(SSD) was not set as active for some reasons.

Setting system drive as active helps, but after transformation completes and restart, system fails to run few command scripts (just blank cmd appears and disappears without output text).

I believe those scripts should finish merging drives, but it doesn't. Now I have StoreMi drive with partition size of SSD and unlocated partition with size of HDD and system start from SSD, not StoreMi drive. Also on bios start there is no StoreMi logo.

How to fix this?

0 Likes