Drivers & Software

dfrost
Journeyman III

StoreMI System Cannot Power Down or Resume From Sleep

First of all hello,

My PC Specs:

*ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX Motherboard

*Ryzen 5 2600

*MSI Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 (i had rx 590 when having the issues)

*Adata Spextrix D60G 2X8 16GB 3200MHz CL16 Ram

*Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb + WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX HDD

*Aerocool Cylon 500W 80+ Power Supply

i've built my pc on last days of july and then i tried to setup StoreMI with my storage drives (ram cache enabled)

everything went fine speeds increased no data corruption but .. 

computer was unable to turn off and wake from sleep.

i was using samsung nvme driver and windows sata ahci driver

also friend of mine said he had data corruption in first try of setup and his ssd bricked in second try of setup

any suggestions ??

0 Likes
11 Replies
enmotus
Adept II

You are describing issues with hybrid sleep and fast startup.  For the three hiberfile features (hibernate, hybrid sleep, and fast startup) to work with StoreMI, hiberfil.sys file must be locked to a SATA disk under our controller.  Occasionally Windows re-creates the hiberfil.sys and it needs to be relocked.  Open an Administrator PowerShell or command prompt and enter:

ecmd --hiberlock

You might get a popup telling you that files are being optimized.  If so, wait until the optimization complete popup.  If it happens very quickly you might never get the popup, so in any event wait 5 minutes to be sure.  Then test hibernate, shut down, or sleep.

Note if these features aren't important to you, it's easy to just turn them all off by entering:

powercfg -h off

Or you can use the Power control panel to disable them individually (Fast Startup, in particular, is likely not helpful for an NVMe tier).

Accidentaly i replied to myself,

im copying my last message again for you to be informed by a e-mail;

Hi again @enmotus thanks for your help, but now i have another problem

i bought 120GB m.2 sata ssd for using it as cache for my 1TB hdd but when i try to create a tier with ram cache enabled and no boot drive option i dont see my 1TB HDD i only see my 250gb nvme drive and 120GB m.2 sata ssd drive.

what could be the problem ? how can i make my hdd being shown on the createable tier list ?

thanks in advance.

edit:my bios sees the hdd and m.2 sata ssd and hdd are on same sata ahci controller and all drives are built as ntfs

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay.  It looks like we missed the notification.  Assuming you're still having this issue:

Is it not in the list at all, or is it grayed out?  Based on your edit, it sounds like you need to remove the partition from the HDD (i.e., only one drive may have partitions on it).

0 Likes

no its not grayed out, its not on the list. there are only two ssds on the list, i removed partition from hdd and tried but the result is same

0 Likes

There's a new version (v1.5.3) out this morning.  Does upgrading resolve your issue?

0 Likes

now i can see the hdd but it is grayed out and in status text it says "inTier" 

so what should i do now ??

0 Likes

Open an Administrator PowerShell or command prompt, and enter: ecmd --delete_all

(Though be careful with this command, as it will destroy a working tier and all the data on it!)

0 Likes

all good now, after that commad i was able to create tiers within storemi configuration window, thanks !!

0 Likes
enmotus
Adept II

Oh, and regarding your friend, it's unclear what "data corruption" and "bricked" mean exactly.

1. If by data corruption he means that he tried to create a bootable tier and it subsequently wouldn't boot, there's lots of reasons that might occur, and we need more information about how far it got in the boot process.  It could be something as simple as changing his boot order.

2. If by bricked he means he can't see it in Windows setup (vs. not seeing it in the firmware settings, which would indicate a hardware issue), that just means he needs to hit Shift+F10 to open a command prompt, and do a diskpart clean.

dfrost
Journeyman III

Hi again @enmotus thanks for your help, but now i have another problem

i bought 120GB m.2 sata ssd for using it as cache for my 1TB hdd but when i try to create a tier with ram cache enabled and no boot drive option i dont see my 1TB HDD i only see my 250gb nvme drive and 120GB m.2 sata ssd drive.

what could be the problem ? how can i make my hdd being shown on the createable tier list ?

thanks in advance.

edit:my bios sees the hdd and m.2 sata ssd and hdd are on same sata ahci controller and all drives are built as ntfs

0 Likes
lumen
Journeyman III

I had the same problem with StoreMI 2. I figured out, that StoreMI needs a pagefile. I configured windows to not use a pagefile, as I have 64GB RAM, so I thought I wouldn't need it (and I never had memory issues), but since I used StoreMI I was not able to shutdown or reboot my PC. After enableing a pagefile again, everything works perfectly.

0 Likes