cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mhoare1984
Adept I

StoreMI Installation Failed. Error Code: 01

I have a brand new AMD Ryzen 5800X and Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master with the latest AMD chipset drivers and BIOS installed.

I have a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB boot drive, Samsung 860 QVO 2TB secondary drive, and a blank ADATA SU800 that I want to use as a cache for a Seagate 10TB HDD that is also in the system. This worked fine with my old 4770K Intel system via RST.

Every time I try to install the StoreMI software I get a message about installation failed, rolling back the changes, and then the final message is StoreMI Installation Failed. Error Code: 01.

I have read various forum posts of people having similar issues at that they resolved it by cleaning their SSD. I have used DISKPART to clean the drive completely, zeroing out the drive, and still no change.

I have also disabled antivirus during the install just in case that is affecting it.

Looking at the log file I can see the following:

MSI (s) (E4:60) [19:27:06:151]: Note: 1: 1707 
MSI (s) (E4:60) [19:27:06:151]: Product: AMD StoreMI -- Installation operation completed successfully.

searching for "error" or "failed" in the log file yields no results.

I can upload the full log file if requested. I don't see an option to do it whilst typing this post.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
26 Replies