Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alejito480
Adept II

StoreMI error code 65536 on Windows11

Hi!

i tried to install new version of StoreMI in my PC, but always got error code 65536

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

MBO: Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 v2

GPU: R9 390

Storage: 1 SSD NVMe | 1 SATA SSD | 2 HDD SATA

StoreMI log

DXDiag

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz
0 Likes
3 Replies
AMDee
Staff

Thank you for highlighting the issue and sharing the logs.

I see " Property(S): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard. in the shared logs.

Can you please uninstall from the control panel and reinstall if already installed StoreMI..

The problem is: there's no StoreMI installed in the computer, i made a clean install of the computer like 3 weeks ago and touched nothing of StoreMI until yesterday

So... any idea why that message appear where there's no StoreMI installed actually?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz
0 Likes

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you with new Store Mi drivers 2.1.0.218 

I have a Ryzen 5950x cpu and a X570 chipset on Windows 11. Everything was fine with previous drivers.
As it is advised from AMD, I uninstalled previous Store Mi version driver.

When I try to install new 2.1.0.218 version, installation failed with error code 65536, and I can notice in log this error :

" Property(S): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard. 

While previous version is well uninstalled. I tried as I saw on several forums to delete the Store Mi folder in Programmes\AMD  with no success and same error message.

Please, help !

Many thanks