cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dongsa
Adept I

Re: StoreMI causing errors?

There's a new build since April of 2021.
Has everyone here tried that?
I downloaded it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
AMD lists it as being rebuilt from the ground up. So NEW product.

0 Likes
AugustsEve
Adept I

Yes, these issues occurred while using using the new/latest StoreMi.

0 Likes
AugustsEve
Adept I

There's some conjecture that the issues might start when the cache reaches a certain size. So far what I've gathered is:

(cache drive size)/(drive size)*100 is the limit, as a percentage. So a 500Gb cache on a 4Tb drive would be:

500\4000*100 = 12.5

12.5% (reads as 13% in the software)

Which is exactly where I started experiencing issues with StoreMi both times, after it had been running fine for weeks. Might check if the same is true for you.

0 Likes
AugustsEve
Adept I

So I wrote a response detailing a very likely cause for the error and it was deleted as spam. Instead of doing it again, I'll say check the top reply here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/nm2zux/storemi_corruption/

The math checks out for me too, using my drive sizes that's exactly where I started experiencing errors.

0 Likes
funkenholy
Journeyman III

So I'm running the current latest revision of StoreMI (2.1.0.205) and my 1TB NVMe SSD is sitting at 100% cache space used for the 3TB HDD it's caching.

When trying to update or even full reinstall a steam game I'm seeing various "corrupt chunk" and "Corrupted or unrecoverable data error" errors (among others) while tailing the content_log.txt file found in the steam logs directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

The files relate to both the steam download cache and files already present in the game installation directory.

I've attempted chkdsk /scan followed by chkdsk /spotfix which identifies and fixes the corrupt files, but during the next update attempt or game file validation check I see a bunch more of the "corrupt chuck" errors.

I was starting to think I may have had a hardware issue but having found this thread figured I'd add my 2 cents.

0 Likes
funkenholy
Journeyman III

Quick update.

I cleared the SSD cache in StoreMI and tried to update the steam game again. The game completed the verification process without and errors.

Looks more like an issue when the cache hits some value to me.

0 Likes
Jawis
Journeyman III

I really like the idea of this feature, but I also came to a point of getting frequent HDD errors. I can confirm corrupted Steam files.

I can also add that many of my Raw and Jpg files were corrupted, which were on the same HDD. They seemed to be mostly photo files that I was editing at the most recent time. I was lucky that the RAW files were still on my SD cards and could rectify and send them to an additional back up drive.

I've since disabled storeMI, but hope to see some follow up to this issue here.

0 Likes