Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tomo360
Journeyman III

StoreMi causes BSOD

Hi,

I have a new rig with Ryzen 2700X and MSI Tomahawk B400 MB. So i put SSD M2 for C drive, and 2 HDD drives. One of them is 2 TB new Barracuda. I also put 128GB old ssd drive from OC - never had problems with this drive. New pc works excelent and Im almost happy. Almost, because I tried to use StoreMi with my 128GB OC ssd drive and new Barracuda 2TB. So, before I made a tier, Im installing StoreMi, and Java. After that, I get BSOD - sometimes it freeze my PC after 2-3 minutes, sometimes 15-20 minutes. I think that it could be a problem, that storemi overwrite AHCI driver. Making a tier dosent help. I have to uninstall StoreMi and then everything goes to normal, no BSOD, no freez after 4-5 hours of gaming. Whats the problem? I updated Tomahawk bios, I have all updates from Windows. What could be a problem?

best regards

Tom

0 Likes
6 Replies
1v4n51ll0
Journeyman III

Hola compañero tomo360, tengo tal vez la respuesta, tienes instalado el xbox game pass PC? probablemente sea eso e interfiera, de igual forma te dejo unos links por si puede ser.

Mi solucion fue desinstalarlo, y puedo jugar algunos juegos directamente de la windows store (Prey, metro y hotline no puedo)
De igual forma esperemos y pronto haya una solucion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mate tomo360, I have maybe the answer, do you have the xbox game pass PC installed? It is probably that and it interferes, in the same way I leave you some links in case it can be. My solution was uninstalled, and I can play some games directly from the windows store (Prey, metro and hotline I can not) In the same way let's hope and soon there will be a solution

-https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/c1pc8g/psa_storemi_fuzedrive_may_break_with_windows/eril1i4/?s...

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bz9p41/1903_and_storemi_bsod/

0 Likes

Hi,

I knew to buy SSD, I thought it would be cheaper I trusted this whole idea StoreMi. I have Xbox Game Pass for PC installed, but as I tried StoreMi, it was a clean Windows installation. You know, I put a new computer on Ryzen 7 and RTX 2070. I installed everything and got a BSOD. Okay, I think, I've put something wrong or something breaks the system. And format C, reinstalling Windows. Before I uploaded any game systems, I installed StoreMi. And boom, I get a BSOD right away. Uninstalling and I have a stable system. To be sure, I've made the StoreMi installation again and again the same. It is therefore difficult to determine if the Xbox Game Pass application is the only reason for the BSOD on StoreMi, because the second time I did not have it installed. I suspect that the reason may be adding new AHCI drivers.

For now, I gave it a rest. 

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

I contacted Enmotus Support the maker of this Fuze (AMD StoreMI) software about this bug where the system drive SSD that is run by the same AMD VIrtualized AHCI Controller for StoreMI as the StoreMI configuration, even though it is not part of it. Meaning it's a system ssd that is not part of StoreMI. Because of this AMD driver, trim can not be run by the OS, the Operating system can not send the trim command to the drive. They got back to me and said that this is a long standing bug, TRIM is ineffective for any non-FuzeDrives attached to their controller driver. Trim is less important nowadays, and other bugs and features got pushed higher on their priority list.

This software is very tricky. Once you set up a tier drive, whatever modification you make on the disk, partitions resize from lets say a linux livedisk, it will stop working, in my experience.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes
tomo360
Journeyman III

Well, I have my lesson. This was first and last time I bought something with AMD name. 

0 Likes
Blatwurst
Journeyman III

I am having the same or a similar problem.  Maybe my situation is different though, as I haven't yet gotten to the point of configuring my drives for StoreMI and I'm getting the BSOD about 10 seconds after my system boots to the desktop.

I installed the StoreMi software and the control panel for it came up and showed me that I did not have a compatible SSD installed.  I knew this would happen as I hadn't yet installed the second one that I bought to be the cache drive.  It showed my first SSD as incompatible because my OS is installed on it.  So I couldn't complete the setup without restarting.  I figured I'd do the setup later, so I just allowed my PC to restart without adding the SSD drive.

So after the install and reboot, I get to the desktop, but then if I just do nothing, I get the BSOD about 10 seconds later.  I used safe mode to uninstall StoreMi and everything's fine again.

I can't imagine that the StoreMi software is stupid enough to tell me that I have no compatible cache drive, but then after reboot try to find and use it, and so crash.  Is this possible?  Should I put the second SSD drive in my system and see what happens?  The reason I am hesitant is that it is often the case that making a change to your system causes a bad behavior to go away, at least temporarily, even though the the initial problem had nothing to do with the change that was made.  So I might install the SSD and get further along, but still have a problem at some point.  So I'd like to know if there's something I can do to troubleshoot this before I bother to actually set up and use StoreMi.  Shouldn't it be happy to just sit there unconfigured without crashing my machine?

This machine is about two weeks old.  I had to rebuild my environment because I screwed it up the first time, not waiting for Windows to update all the drivers.  The second time, I was very careful.  Pretty much all I did was let Windows do all its updates and reboots, and then just installed the latest AMD GPU software.  I just checked, and all of my drivers and the OS itself are fully up to date.

TIA for any suggestions

Steve

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC, Ryzen 5600, MSI RX 6650 XT, 16GB Ram, 1 TB WD Blue SN570, (4TB spinner + 512MB SSD waiting in the wings)

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

If your M2 is a PCIe 4 the Ryzen 7 2700X does not support it and it will default back to PCIe 3.  I can't say that this would be the cause or not, but anything is possible.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes