cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pawel_golec
Journeyman III

StoreMI 2.0 installation failed

I'll try to install StoreMi on msi b450a pro without any success. 

When installing a previous version of the program, windows would not start crashing into bootloop. With current version I cannot install it. I attach the installation log file. I made tests on windows 10 PRO 20 version 2004 and 20H2. Below is the specification of the PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro version
Version 20H2
Installed on 20.06.2020
OS Build 19042.572
Capabilities of Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 1660 OC graphics card, driver 456.71
2 SSD + 3HDD

16 Replies
joaocrv
Journeyman III

I'm having exactly the same issue. First I was having blue screen on restart after installation. With new chipset drivers and newer version of StoreMI the installation fails.

From all accounts of those posting prior to you guys, there has been little to no movement on this software. IE it gets a lot of complaints. 

I would report your issues to AMD support:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Thanks for info, just submitted ticked, I let U know if I get any response from AMD.

rafaspeed
Adept I

Hi pawel_golec

1- Is your motherboard configured in the AHCI standard for disks and UEFI BIOS?

2- Are any of your SSDs M.2?

3- Any RAID disk configuration?

4- Have you ever tried to do a clean installation of Windows (with all drivers updated) with only the SSD cache and the mechanical HD only?

Some important information I received:
a- Install Windows on the mechanical HDD and update all drivers (mainly from the chipset directly from the AMD website);
b- After all the system is installed and updated, turn off the computer and physically install the SSD that will be used to cache and remove any partition table the data contained in it through DISKPART (select the SSD and clean it as CLEAN command).
c- Restart the computer.
d- Install AMD StoreMI 2.0.

I'm just trying to help because I've been experiencing problems with AMD StoreMI 2.0 and looking for a solution, comparing procedures. My StoreMI works perfectly with a machine similar to yours, but I have constant temporary disk freezes when mechanical HDD metadata is saved in the SSD cache.

arunmcops
Adept I

Same issue...

MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X Six-Core Processor
Installed RAM 8.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro version
Version 20H2
Installed on 20.06.2020
OS Build 19042.572
Capabilities of Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Radeon RX470 4GB latest drivers
1 NVME +  1 SATA SSD +  2HDD

seamen
Adept I

I do not have BSOD or anything like that, even the installation process is complete, a folder is created with the program and files in it, BUT there is no startup shortcut I actually cannot run it, in the log this error

Error encountered while removing C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\Qt_Dependancies.. ErrNumber: 70 Error Desc: Разрешение отклонено
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Function DeleteFolder. Folder not present at : C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\logs
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Error encountered while removing C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\.. ErrNumber: 76 Error Desc: Путь не найден
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Function DeleteFile. Removed : C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\AMD_StoreMI.exe
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Function DeleteFile. File not present at : C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\*.exe
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Function DeleteFile. File not present at : C:\Program Files\AMD\StoreMI\bin\*.json
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Deleting AMD_StoreMI cpl entry during uninstall.
03.11.2020 19:04:05 :: Deleting StoreMI_2 registry key created during application launch.

WillDaBeer
Journeyman III

Same exact problem, new build, everithing updated; Every time i try to install it fails

Ryzen 5 5600x

B550 Mobo

240gb ssd + 2tb hdd

Windows 10 Pro

Radeon RX 6800 XT

0 Likes

nice post.

0 Likes
gabrielkoch
Journeyman III

I fixed my issue with the following solution:

(C) 1x NvME Mp510 corsair 1TB

(D) 1x SSD Sandisk 120GB

(E) 1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Used diskpart to clean both my SSD and HDD and them I could install the StoreMI on my C:/ drive.

B550 Mobo

Ryzen 5600X

0 Likes
RyZEN1
Staff

May be the page file associated with the Non-Windows drive could explain the installation issue:

Please try the below steps and see if that resolves the issue:

"Windows + R" type "SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe" and launch the same -> Advanced -> Performance "Settings" -> Advanced Virtual Memory"Change" -> "Uncheck" Automatically manage paging file size for all drives Ensure "Paging" is only set to [Windows] Drive and not other drives.

After doing the steps, reboot the system and try installing StoreMI again. After StoreMI Installation, user can revert the Page file setting to previous settings if necessary.

0 Likes

Hello,

I tried every single troubleshooting step that I've found on the internet and still I wasn't able to get storeMI working...

It just gaves me the error "Installation failed", please fix it.

Thank you.

0 Likes
hh
Journeyman III

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem, all i get while trying to install StoreMI is the same error code, -11612, i don't really know what to do.
0 Likes
hh
Journeyman III

why did i post this twice

0 Likes
Chensel
Journeyman III

Hi Guy, I'd the some problem, because when I intalled windows I using SSD too... So what I did to this work fine?!

1º I removed SSD & install Windows again;

2º Update windows with the last version;

3º Turn off my computer and installed again SSD;

4º enter in CMD administrative mode and:

4.1 typed diskpart <enter>

4.2 list disk <enter>

4.3 select disk (now you need choose the number of disk that you want to clean) ex.:

ex.: select disk 1 <enter> One is the number of SSD disk for example

4.4 Clean

5º Install StoreMI

Now it will be work!

Good Luck

0 Likes
Chensel
Journeyman III

Hi Guy, I'd the some problem, because when I intalled windows I using SSD too... So what I did to this work fine?!

1º I removed SSD & install Windows again;

2º Update windows with the last version;

3º Turn off my computer and installed again SSD;

4º enter in CMD administrative mode and:

4.1 typed diskpart <enter>

4.2 list disk <enter>

4.3 select disk (now you need choose the number of disk that you want to clean) ex.:

ex.: select disk 1 <enter> One is the number of SSD disk for example

4.4 Clean

5º Install StoreMI

Now it will be work!

Good Luck

0 Likes
zaduvalo
Adept I

I got it working by doing the next steps:

1) I took offline all nonsystem drives using Disk Management. Right-click on the disk and select 'offline'. Before this step. After I started getting new error Solved: Storemi installation failed, error 65536 - AMD Community

2) I close all possible non system processes and services

0 Likes