Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sybbon
Adept I

Store MI install fails - Error 65536

Hello!

I recently noticed there was a new version of StoreMI out. I had been using 2.1.0.159 for some time now and decided to update.
I first separated my linked drives, and then un-installed StoreMI. I downloaded 2.1.0.191 but it kept failing on installation, coughing up error 65536. I checked the installation log, but nothing stood out to me in particular.
I managed to find a little information on this board, which suggested I do a clean install of my GPU driver, that did not work.
I also updated my BIOS to the latest for my Gigabyte X570 board, and updated my AMD Chipset drivers.

I then tried simply going back to 2.1.0.159 - this then also failed and produced the same error.
In the span of a day StoreMI went from working just fine, to being absolutely impossible to reinstall.

I thought that maybe the Samsung driver for one of my Nvme drives was causing trouble, because during install this drive would automatically open in file explorer, after which installation would fail. So I changed this so the standard Nvme driver. No luck there either.

I'm all out of ideas, it would help if I knew what error 65536 actually meant.

14 Replies