Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sybbon
Adept I

Store MI install fails - Error 65536

Hello!

I recently noticed there was a new version of StoreMI out. I had been using 2.1.0.159 for some time now and decided to update.
I first separated my linked drives, and then un-installed StoreMI. I downloaded 2.1.0.191 but it kept failing on installation, coughing up error 65536. I checked the installation log, but nothing stood out to me in particular.
I managed to find a little information on this board, which suggested I do a clean install of my GPU driver, that did not work.
I also updated my BIOS to the latest for my Gigabyte X570 board, and updated my AMD Chipset drivers.

I then tried simply going back to 2.1.0.159 - this then also failed and produced the same error.
In the span of a day StoreMI went from working just fine, to being absolutely impossible to reinstall.

I thought that maybe the Samsung driver for one of my Nvme drives was causing trouble, because during install this drive would automatically open in file explorer, after which installation would fail. So I changed this so the standard Nvme driver. No luck there either.

I'm all out of ideas, it would help if I knew what error 65536 actually meant.

14 Replies
sover
Adept II

Same problem here. There's been radio silence from AMD (aside from advising people to make sure only their C drive has windows virtual memory) on this problem for months, and google searches turn up nothing of value.

I'm going to try out the 30-day trial of Primocache.
Yeah it's 30 dollars but at least it's a life time license and has a lot more options and installation and set-up was a breeze.

0 Likes

Before installing latest released Storemi..
Can you check all the drives are listing in device manager ? and then try installing latest storemi ..

Let me know your observation on above..

0 Likes

The drives all are listed in device manager. Install still fails with the same 65536 error with the latest (published around 6 weeks ago) version.

0 Likes

My SSD cache drive / HDD are correctly detected in Device Manager. Still can't find a way to install StoreMI v2.1.0.191

0 Likes
AMDee
Staff

Can someone share system ?  to see what is causing issue..
It will be helpful to debug on this further...

TIA !!!

0 Likes

@AMDee wrote:

Can someone share system ?  to see what is causing issue..
It will be helpful to debug on this further...

TIA !!!

I'd like to, what do you mean by share system? Do you mean configuration? I have an MSI B550 Carbon Wifi with the 1.2.0.3b bios (7C90v17), using the latest AMD chipset drivers and a Ryzen 5600x.

0 Likes

I mean to share the system remotely..

Using "TeamViewer" ?

0 Likes

I'd be willing to help with that when I have time.

0 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply..!

Ok i will be waiting..

0 Likes

How can I contact you outside of this forum?

I'm available for TeamViewer testing.

0 Likes

Can we sync tommorow 10 to 11 pm ( India time )..

Is it feasible for you ?

0 Likes

Sorry, that's not possible for me during weekdays. Maybe someone else can, though.

0 Likes