Still on 15.201.

pastedImage_2.png
Happy New YEAR!

Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Desktop
OS -Windows 10 64 bit
Driver Packaging Version - 15.20.1062.1004-150803a1-187674C
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version - 2015.0804.21.41908    
https://community.amd.com/thread/223252 (continuation)

As the title implies I'm still on 15.201 etc but Windows 10 thinks this is fine. My screen resolution disagrees. I have zero idea what the problem is or where to start.

0 Likes
3 Replies

The HD 6xxx series AMD GPU Graphics cards are LEGACY (Old and Non-supported by AMD). There will be no new drivers from AMD Support except those that are installed by Windows Update.

Here is the link that explains the above: Legacy

0 Likes

Okay. First thanks for replying.
So does this mean I AM up-to-date with my drivers (because they're legacy drivers). So if that's the case why am I having graphics problems. This was a follow up question I suppose, as they default solution to my problem was "check your video drivers are up-to-date."

0 Likes

Yes, there will be no more updates for your HD 6xxx series AMD card. The only way you MAY get an update is thru Windows Update to make the Graphics card compatible with the current version of Windows.

Otherwise, you are stuck with the old AMD driver until you upgrade your card to one that is still supported by AMD or Microsoft makes your card incompatible with any future Windows version.

As to your current problems, it is possible your card is failing. May want to test it out with a Diagnostic software. I use OCCT which stresses the Graphic card while checking for GPU errors (need to check GPU ERRORS box). There are others that people suggest that may be more suitable. OCCT is freeware.

0 Likes