Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sic
Journeyman III

Still having that black screen issue on Win7 / 7870

So I've read through this:

To people who have instant Black Screen or Freeze on installing ANY AMD driver

and I feel like asking here because I dont quite know any further.

We're on a Win7 64 Ultimate SP1 OS. We did a clean install after the computer randomly crashed in various games only showing a black screen.

Now, after reinstalling Win7 I noticed that as soon as I install the AMD driver I get the black screen after the Windows Booting animation and I came across the above linked topic.

So I installed an older driver, i. e. the 15.3 beta. But after installing it, the screen is blasted with horizontal weird pixely lines.

Tomorrow I would like to try another driver, but I'm kinda sceptical.

Do you think its really a driver thing or may be GPU be broken?

The system is back from 2012:

GA-Z77M-D3H

Sapphire 7870 OC 2 GB

1600 Mhz DDR3 CL9 2x 4GB

WD Blue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sic
Journeyman III

Re: Still having that black screen issue on Win7 / 7870

Also: where can I find even older drivers? And is something known about drivers dropping DVI support? Were currently on dvi to vga adapter...

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Based on your report, it appears that the card has a hardware issue.

Additionally, DVI is still supported with all our drivers.

kiwinadians
Adept II

Hi sic,

There are a whole bunch of us with the same issue, particularly running 7870s, and 270xs. Come check it out: Black Screen When Installing 17.12.2 Drivers HD 7870 Win 7

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Kudos