cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Axis1337
Adept I

Still Having Issues With My 5700 XT - Crashes/Reboots

So, I bought an XFX Raw II 5700 XT and have been having soooo many issues with it since I bought it. Tried a ton of different things and still having problems.

The main thing that happens is fairly random when playing a game or even while just watching videos on chrome. I have two monitors, one hdmi, one displayport, the computer will lock up, one monitor will go green and the other will go black and then the computer will reboot.

I don't know exactly what causes it and can't really recreate it, it just seems super random but it happens usually like once or twice at least per day when I'm gaming.

It kind of seems like the graphics drivers just fail or freeze up because sometimes a game will get super choppy, low frames and the game will crash and then if I try to start it back up, it will normally green screen and reboot almost immediately.

I've tried using DDU to clear everything and redownload drivers, i have two separate power cords going to the GPU from the PSU, I've changed the BIOS settings others were saying to change, and multiple other things.

I'm at work currently so won't be able to really troubleshoot until I get home but if anybody has some suggestions, please let me know!

Specs:

B450 Mobo

Ryzen 7 3700x

Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 16GB

XFX Raw II 5700 XT

If you need any more info, let me know and I'll try my best to remember or look it up while I'm at work.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions guys!

0 Likes
11 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

Did you try to use only 1 monitor (for testing)?

If you do not get the crashes with only 1 monitor connected, then (i think) it is hardware related.

Which should be reason enough to get it replaced at the place where you bought it.

also, more users with this issue and some ideas:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/power-color-rx-5700-xt-red-devil-black-screen-leading-to-syste...

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

I haven't tried only using one monitor, I might try that for a bit and see if I still have the issue. I bought it from Best Buy back in February so I don't know if I can get it replaced still.

0 Likes

Other people have reported issues with more than 1 monitor connected.

Issues including freezes, black screens and reboots.

I am not sure if this is a general problem with the RX 5700 (XT) model series,

or if it just happens to some of them.

I live in Germany and warranty is 2 years here - not sure about your area.

If your card has hardware problems, just ask Best Buy directly if you don't know about your warranty options.

But february (2020) was not that long ago - so chances are good, i believe. 

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

I also just read on a different post that a guy had a 144hz monitor connected with displayport and another 60hz monitor connected with HDMI, he swapped the HDMI to a displayport as well and the crashes stopped so I think I'm going to try that. If it's that simple to fix it, I'll be insanely happy. Thanks for the advice and giving me a lead!

Yes, indeed! I also read about people having these issues with 2 different connection types.

Would be really nice if you can actually fix your problems by just switching to another cable.

(the issue would still be a hardware problem, tho: so think about your warranty anyway, just in case)

cheers

Yeah, I really don't wanna wait forever and a half to RMA my card if that's what needs to happen so if I can simply switch the cable and be good to go, I don't think I'll need to worry about using the warranty. lol

Honestly, just trying to get this stable before Cyberpunk. hahaha

@Axis1337 wrote:

Honestly, just trying to get this stable before Cyberpunk. hahaha

Well, best of luck. I hope you can play without any frustrating crashes or freezes.

Having to deal with those issue while just wanting to play and enjoy a game is terrible.

Make sure to update this topic, once you have tested with another cable

(and maybe 1 monitor if the cable does not change a thing).

0 Likes

Yeah, I'm gonna grab a Displayport cable today and swap that and see what happens, if it persists, I'll try disconnecting the second monitor and see how that goes. Either way, after a bit of testing, I'll be sure to come back and update the post!

Thanks again!

@Axis1337 any news? Did you try it?

I recently started testing the driver issues on my own (new) RX 5700 XT.

the only thing that worked to prevent crashes:

is the 5700 XT stable now? - reset to driver defaults (link to other topic)

have a look at your own driver settings and see if any of the Radeon Software-Features are enabled.

0 Likes

So I don't want to jinx anything but I swapped the cord and haven't had any crashes yet! 

0 Likes

Great! Just remember you can also check the driver settings, in case the crashes return.

I am glad that your card is working right now.

I had to deal with the blackscreen issues myself on my new card and am glad to have them under control now.

cheers

0 Likes