Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

still can't use 2020 adrenalin , we are in april 2020

Hello,

4 month now and I can't upgradre my radeon VII drivers  , last ones I tested were 20.3.1 and got crashes after few hours, like with every 2020 drivers versions. This morning I saw 20.4.1 were out, read the release notes , and of course , nothing new for stability issues, so instead of wasting my time testing once again, i pass. So still stuck with 19.11.3, not that these don't work fine (relatively - got to restart my computer after screen goes to sleep mode or I have vram clock problems if i want to play a game then), but it's clearly not encouraging confidence to buy next graphic card from amd , these cards are expensive cards we could expect at minimum working drivers not crashing the system, being able to play and using multiple monitors.., I can understand some problem from one driver to another, but not being able to solve stability issues for month now, begins to be a fat big problem of confidence ... not even speaking about the defective installer with my x570 motherboard chipset

0 Likes
10 Replies
fromage
Adept I

Yup its still happening on my RX 5600 xt, in both CS:GO & Call of Duty Modern Warfare, happening a few times a day very frustrating.

I'm trying to send it back for a refund (only 2 weeks old) but the shop is saying the card/hardware is fine its the software/drivers thats the issue so the card is'nt faulty. 

They can't seem to understand the card can't function as designed and is therefore not fit for purpose without drivers that work.

btw did the proper driver uninstall/reinstall etc

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Main problem>>>black screen, freeze

0 Likes

yup , I have this problems only with 2020 adrenalin , not always while playing, often while on desktop ... black screen (in fact BSOD just the screen is out) then computer restarts... and when i check "whocrashed" programm , it 's allways amd driver... I don't have any stability issue with 19.11.3 ... computer is up to date except for x570 chipset drivers that I can't install because of defective amd installer, i still have the previous one that did install correctly ... and despite the number of install problems reported absolutly no news from amd

0 Likes

i recently wiped my SSD and 20.4.1 seems to be working properly

0 Likes

Wait...

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

ok x570 latest chipset drivers are now installed ... nice ... now let's get latest 2020 adrenalin working too please, seeing so many problems with 20.4.1 on the forum that seem the same that have, that I don't dare to install them waiting for next one

0 Likes

I use the chipset drivers on windows update

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

20.4.2 "known issues" still doesn't seem to solve all this problems, i won't waste my time to test them  ... still running with 19.11.3

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

I finally installed 20.4.2 as I saw two posts about 2 guys that had no problems with their radeon VII and 20.4.2 ... And I'm pleased to confirm that it's been 3-4 days (24h/24) and no blackscreen happened, no reboot, nothing , it's seem stable for me

playing with oc (2155mhz and 1200 mhz ram)  and working with triple screen , everything seems smooth with these one

(well done ?)

0 Likes

we are now the 12 may , still no crash ... finally

0 Likes