cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pacifist
Journeyman III

Starting Warzone crashes PC (Radeon RX 6700 XT, Ryzen 9 5900X)

I have just built my PC for gaming. Now I want to play Warzone. Once I start the game it starts loading 5-10 seconds and then suddenly the PC crashes and is shut down. 

It gives me no error or whatsoever, the computer just shuts down.

Specs:

• AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Vengeance DDR4 2x16GB (3200MHz)
  • ASRock B550 Extreme 4
  • Corsair 750x

Other games such as DOOM Eternal and Counterstrike are running fine. I've checked the minimum requirements of COD Warzone and it should be sufficient. 

I've reinstalled the game and ran it in safe mode. Also switched to DirectX 11 and tried disabling the visual overlay of the GPU.  Any other ideas?

4 Replies
pacifist
Journeyman III

After a restart I checked the Event Viewer of Windows 10 and it showed the following event: 1 critical, 3 errors

Critical:

Annotation 2021-04-25 213200.png

Error:

Annotation 2021-04-25 213303.png

0 Likes

Did this just start happening to you after the latest Warzone update? I have a R9 5900x as well, but my video card is a 980TI. I have had no problems like this until this patch. I have reinstalled on a separate drive, fully removed and reinstalled battle.net, my stuff is up to date and I have no issues. I can run other games that keep my video card at 100% for 14+ hours without issue. I don't know why Warzone is such a piece of trash.

I don't have any troubleshooting information to go from either. I have the same bs event log errors that you posted.

Oh, I also have Cold War and that game runs perfectly fine.

0 Likes
blgdinger
Journeyman III

0 Likes
rtorres422
Journeyman III

Did you find a fix for this? I’m having the same issue. Recently upgraded from Ryzen 3700x to Ryzen 5900x and now every time I launch Warzone, my PC restarts. 

0 Likes