cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nschwender
Adept II

Star Wars Battlefront 2 stuttering and bug textures

Hello!, after updating the drivers to the latest version 23.2.2 (clean install with DDU), there is some stuttering in Star Wars Battlefront 2. There are also some texture bugs if you set the postprocessing to high - ultra (Kamino map).

With version 22.5.1 these problems did not happen.

Any solution? Thanks.

System: Windows 10

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RX 6800

Regards.

0 Likes
7 Replies
atmosphere
Challenger

Hi there,.. 

Stuttering or tearing? 

And do you have vsync, freesync and/or enhanced sync enabled?

0 Likes

Hello, I have stuttering with vsync enabled in game settings. (Without vsync too).

0 Likes

Does it happen at lower post-processing setting (e.g (very) high)? 

Did you have these issues with the previous driver you had installed?

Also .. please disable vsync, freesync and enhanced sync and check if stuttering is resolved. You might get tearing but if so, try turning on freesync and vsync only.

0 Likes

The problem does not happen at lower post pricessimg setting, and it did not happen in 22.5.1 version.

0 Likes

In 23.1.2 release notes:

• Corruption may be observed while playing Battlefield™ 4 with Post Process Quality settings set to high or ultra

Both run on frostbite, are you using dx12 or dx11 renderen?

0 Likes

I use DX12, with DX11 the game has some stuttering on maps like Camino or Hoth with this version.

Ok thanks! 

Also i think, with your results, it appears to be an issue with a shader-program starting at certain driver-version. 

You could remove and reinstall, to check if there could be a un-patched game-file .. reason: in another thread a similar issue, different effect (reflection quality) .. (i have no issues but also just installed BF2 to test)

0 Likes