Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ounet
Adept I

Star Citizen RX 6800 XT Crash with 22.10.1

Hello all,

I'm playing star citizen and with the driver version 22.5.1, everything works fine.

I try to update in 22.7.x and with last 22.10.1 and all time I crash on desktop. Do you have the same problem like me ? I would like to understand why from 22.5.2 to the last that crash all time. and do we have some answer to resolve the issue ?

thanks

ounet

5 Replies
Tracker
Adept I

Hello Bro, the only thing I can tell you is that the AMD drivers are very bad, the driver developers do not do a good job, I have the same problem as you and the only solution I found was to go back to the 22.5.1 driver, do not use drivers newer ones are terribly bad

0 Likes
ounet
Adept I

Yes it what I do every time that new drivers release. But why do we have it. It's not only Star Citizen. I know some other played DCS World and have also driver issue. AMD can we have am explanation please

0 Likes
BluLem7
Adept II

Yes.  WELL KNOWN.. But AMD don't care.  so.. whatever....

Anything post 22.5.1 crashes Star Citizen for me.  Even the latest 22.10.3 .....

0 Likes
ounet
Adept I

Yes 22.10.3 get crash for me too. I do not think that AMD don't care but if some AMD guys here in the forum can gave explanation. It will be great. I change nvidia to amd but....did a made a mistake ? so please amd can you answer..

0 Likes

I just feel that later AMD drivers give overall better performance, with some fixes.
Though they (AMD) did something to their drivers post 22.5.1 that screwed things up for some games, like Elite Dangerous.  Which I suspect also impacts Star Citizen as well.   Or maybe it's something both ED and SC have to change in their engine to be in some compliance standard for DX11 or something......

But since we have tons of communication about the matter from both AMD and CIG, we can comfortably assume that they give flying pancakes.

0 Likes