cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Standby crash when virtualization is activated on windows

On my Laptop with AMD Ryzen 4700U Windows 10 crashes reproducable when suspended and if WSL2 or some other virtualization feature is activated. The crash happens after approximately 1-2min after the screen has gone black. When it crashes the Laptop reboots and a critical Kernel error appears in the Windows logs.

Is this a driver issue or an issue from Windows itself?

7 Replies
fusionr86
Journeyman III

I think I have the same issue, albeit with a 4800U. Did you find a fix for it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet. The only option is to deactivate the virtualization features. Please also see this related issue: https://community.amd.com/thread/254849 

AMD tech support is currently looking into this problem and hopefully a fix will be available soon.

0 Likes

I think the issue has been resolved for me. I updated my laptop's (Lenovo Yoga Slim 7) BIOS and I no longer get any crashes when sleeping/suspending the laptop. Maybe that's just luck, but before it'd crash every time I closed the lid for longer than a few minutes and now it never does. The update for by BIOS was released on the 27th of July, so it's a very recent update. I don't know what laptop you have, but you could check if yours has an update too.

0 Likes
pnikam
Journeyman III

I am having HP laptop with 4600H. I am facing issue when I turn on Hyper V platform and virtual machine platform. I am waiting for this issue to be resolved. I have mailed AMD team, let us hope they update the ticket.

I have the same problem on my HP Pavilion 15 with Ryzen 7 4700u. But there's no any bimetric or additional virtualization settings in HP "branded" BIOS. I think, this CPU is pretty new, so maybe Windows updates will fix it in nearest future.

0 Likes

Did you find the solution?

0 Likes

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same issue on my HP laptop with 4600h.

0 Likes