Hi I am getting random flickering with a new 1440p monitor, XG27AQ, default settings at 144hz (with a 6900XT). Does not happen with my old 1080p 144hz monitor (both when using both or using each singularly). Seems completely random when it happens, been during stream in chrome, full screen game, etc no indication on performance charts. Can happen once every other minute or once every 10 minutes. I have tried two different DP cables. Newest drivers (23.2.2), no overclocking, Windows 11. Flash doesnt seems to be a full blackscreen but it is too fast to tell what it is. Could this be a monitor issue? Any suggestions?
Hey there. Hello @niren
I only have RX 5000 series card myself (and no experience with RX 6000 series so far),
but I remember that those issues would happen on 5000 series cards, too.
Bought my own RX 5700 XT in December 2020 and had a lot of issues with Radeon Software.
When I first installed the driver I got screen flickering and even system freeze and crashes.
Took me some time and a lot of reading within this community forum to learn what caused it:
- I installed the driver (including Radeon Software) and then selected "Gaming" profile.
- this will then enable some custom Radeon Features, like Radeon "Anti Lag", etc.
- re-installing the driver and leaving it on "Standard" profile was the only fix at that time
Also make sure that your card is not being overclocked by Radeon Software.
RX 5000 series cards came overclocked out of the box, because AMD tried to compete with nvidia.
example from my own RX 5700 XT:
- manufacturer rating: 1905 MHz boost clock, 1100 mV
- Radeon Software default performance tuning: 2100 MHz boost clock, 1200 mV
not sure if this holds true for 6000 series ...
check for yourself if your card is running manufacturer specs or above.