cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ryanneillund
Journeyman III

Source for WX 7100 VBIOS update - Currently on BIOS Part Number 113-C9540101-100

I am running BIOS 13-C9540101-100 on my WX 7100 for 4k video editing with Davinci Resolve. I researched BIOS updates and did not locate an AMD page with a download. TechPowerUP has a page with BIOS "015.050.000.000.007141" here.

I would like to update with a VERIFIED BIOS directly from AMD as I have four projects on this computer and I do not have extra time to tinker. AMD markets this card for video editing and I want to know the best options for video worth (with DaVinci Resolve Studio 16). I have fans turning faster via Radeon Pro Settings and Profile Tuning. Under the Profile Graphics tap, I would like to know if you know of a PDF explaining the details of each variable, especially related to video rendering.

Also, I have to say that I love AMD. Having researched for a year on the best setup for my budget, the 1950X and the ASUS Zenith Extreme have been great. On the Radeon Pro WX 7100, I wish AMD would enable more options to configure the card. I would like to see WATTMAN enabled. While an "enterprise card" designed with stable drivers, some of us use every inch of available performance. WATTMAN is a tool that can help WX 7100 users looking for more control of their equipment. I would invest more time in this card and possibly install a waterblock along with an additional WX 7100 if I knew AMD would support clients looking for the best setup for their unique settings.

- Ryan

0 Likes
0 Replies