cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sunset08
Adept I

Sound cracking in drivers after Radeon Software 22.3.1

I've reported this to AMD multiple times, installed the drivers that came with it, and it didn't fix my problem. When playing a video in the browser, after a while, the sound from the speaker crackles. I think there is a conflict with my Nvidia graphics card. When I uninstall the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card, the sound cracking does not occur. I plug headphones into the jack jack, no sound crackling there. My computer speaker is fine, only when I install the latest AMD driver, I have this problem on my speaker. 

Another problem is that I have problems such as mouse cursor disappearing and traces on the screen in Chromium browsers. This other issue is fixed for now by turning off hardware acceleration.

I took a video of the problems I'm experiencing, have a good time. Video 

System: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44

9 Replies
imveea
Adept I

I have a similar problem, since 22.3.1 version, sound in movies starts disappearing for a few seconds every 30-40 minutes (DTS MA, TrueHD and other formats), this is frustrating, however this is not a thing if I turn on Show Metrics Overlay.
Mouse cursor changing color to white whatever he wants.
I tried reinstall drivers and windows 10, not helping.
For now i use 22.1.2 drivers and all good.

Let me out.

AMD seems to remain silent on this situation. I'm using the latest Nvidia update and have no issues. AMD should find an engineer to optimize the software. It is clear that current engineers are not doing their job well. Even the latest RX 6000 series graphics cards have issues. I don't think they will be very successful with mobile graphics cards. They blame Microsoft for this problem. Why does AMD have such a problem when Nvidia and Intel don't have such interesting issues? AMD's software has been having problems for years. 

This problem has existed for 6-7 months, why can't they fix it with the recommended driver! I wish I had bought a computer with an Intel processor. With dual graphics cards and DTS, AMD is never compatible! I share a video report with every update from AMD, but I don't think they ever thought of this problem. 

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Is that video working for anyone?  It's not for me.  Also not sure why you're installing AMD software when your laptop has nvidia gpu, maybe someone can explain to me too.

0 Likes

The computer has dual graphics cards. One AMD and one Nvidia graphics card. If you do not install the built-in AMD graphics driver, the computer will not perform well in daily use. Although we play the game with Nvidia graphics card, it displays with AMD graphics card. I cannot disable AMD if my computer does not have MUX capability.

0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

I watched this video, AMD Audio CoProcessor reverts the device to the old driver and it shows the issue is resolved. AMD needs to fix this driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0esSJ_CpRbk

0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

I installed AMD Adrenaline Software version 22.10.1, still no fix. AMD Audio CoProcessor is causing the problem. I don't understand if this problem is from AMD or Acer, how should I directly explain this problem to AMD engineers?

0 Likes
redamd
Adept I

I've encountered this crackling sound issue ever since I've downloaded and installed Fortnite during 2019 and it still bothers me that it's still troubling me to this day. I don't know whether I should have created a new topic or post my problem to this one here.

My laptop is a Ryzen 5 3500u which uses the onboard graphics Vega 8. This sound issue has existed ever since downloading and playing Fortnite in 2019 and has existed for every AMD WHQL driver that has come out and also has affected these ones I've used lately v22.2.2, v22.5.1, v22.9.1, this problem still persists and sounds exactly like the ops video of the problem. My sound is normal to begin with in a game of Fortnite and randomly after 5-10, sometimes 15 minutes, there's no set time when it bugs out to have crackling sounds but when it happens, any audio played everywhere much like the ops is affected too, so that's any sounds within my system of Windows 10 and browsers i.e. youtube, and music played on VLC player is crackling with the sound.

I should also mention that my OS is updated to the latest windows updates, I've scanned for any malware, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple driver versions and restarted the PC with none that has the crackling issue resolved. Please AMD fix this audio crackling issue as it happens every time I play in Fortnite. Right now I am running v22.9.1, as I highly doubt the newly released v22.10.1 Optional would have fixed this issue, but please prove me wrong.

0 Likes
redamd
Adept I

I've recently updated to the latest v22.10.1 and the Crackelling sound issue is ever present in this version as well continuing to be a pain. For me it always starts off after about 5 minutes in Fortnite and then the crackelling issue goes on to affect the sound of anything else that I may watch or listen to on my 3500u Laptop, be that music or youtubers talking and browser videos, they're all affected with this menacing crackelling sound that keeps returning, whether I restart the PC or update versions has not fixed this issue.

AMD seems to be neglecting getting WHQL certification for their drivers to show certification and trust that their drivers will work harmoniously with Windows after being tested and certified by Microsoft. Now would be a good time and reason so that customers can be relieved knowing that AMD supports their products. AMD must think customers are fine without WHQL but obviously AMD is missing fixing these issues that are plaguing their product for a very long time.

0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

The new AMD Radeon Software is out. I tried Adrenaline 22.10.2 Optional (WHQL), the result is disappointment again! AMD has always been bad at software and will continue to be! Not even a Moderator deigns to come and answer! Even my mouse cursor gets stuck in the browser, I'm experiencing strange things. I uploaded new videos if they want to watch it of course(!)

0 Likes