cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pedro663
Adept I

Some games stop giving video and get pixelated

I'm having problems with pc, there are some games that stop giving video like among us and where the water tastes like wine. And there are others like CS that the monitor keeps pixelated. I've been trying to solve this for the last 3 days and already updated bios (motherboard), used the AMD software and for some reason, all the problems go away while I'm using TeamViewer and there is someone else controlling the pc. And it isn't a monitor problem because I've tried 3 different monitors and the problem hasn't been solved. I even had uninstalled the video card (don't know if that's actually the name I'm not from US sorry) to see if after installing it again the problem would be solved. And also I have tried to use older versions of the adrenalin software, but now I'm truly without ideas of what it could be. That's it and thanks for reading it  

1 Solution

I solved it today, I went to my computer in windows search, right click  and manage. Once there go to manage devices

-> and video adaptors, if I'm not mistaken (find your GPU) and uninstall it. After that format, your pc and do not install adrenalin, and it's going to work. The only problem is that your going to need to install some drivers for specific games you play, in my case was for CS and watchdogs 2, it's easy to find these drivers on the internet, and the rest are small problems easy to be fixed. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If you did not use DDU from wagnardsoft dot com I would do that and make sure to follow its instructions. Then when you install the driver you want to use stay disconnected from the internet while installing the driver. Always use DDU if you regress any GPU (video card) driver. 

I tried it but it didn't work. After that I formatted the pc and it started working again but later I installed the adrenalin and it stopped working again. Still don't know why but I'm trying to figure it out.

0 Likes

I have the same issue here. Reset windows probably 5 times already, and yet I still can't get pass BIOS screen. Sometimes when it get to windows, the driver update just made the screen goes black and restarted, which got me back to square one.

I solved it today, I went to my computer in windows search, right click  and manage. Once there go to manage devices

-> and video adaptors, if I'm not mistaken (find your GPU) and uninstall it. After that format, your pc and do not install adrenalin, and it's going to work. The only problem is that your going to need to install some drivers for specific games you play, in my case was for CS and watchdogs 2, it's easy to find these drivers on the internet, and the rest are small problems easy to be fixed. 

Glad you fixed it but the solution is a little weird for me i don't know how adrenaline could cause such issues

I agree with you but the adrenalin update some drivers when installed and that is causing the error and until now I wasn't able to figure it out (what driver is making the mistakes) but I will keep looking for it when installing the drivers one by one to see what is actually behind it but until that I'm not going to be able to install the adrenalin due to the amount of updates it makes once. 

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

pedro663 Sounds Like Vram / PSU Issue. don't overclock your Vram & try to stress test your GPU using something like msi kombustor

if your issue still persists then you need to use your GPU on another PC if the issue persists then you need to RMA your card if it was new also i would like to remind you that you didn't provide any details about your build

thanks but I already solved 

0 Likes
enragedn3wb
Adept II

I have also been getting this with my 5700 XT ever since updating to the 20.9.2 drivers. Seems to either happen more often, or only when watching Netflix on my second monitor while playing ARK: Survival Evolved. It never happened at all before updating to 20.9.2 & I'm currently going back to the previous drivers.

The stats of all my PC parts are constantly being monitored on my 3rd monitor, & it never gets hot or does anything unusual up until the moment this happens, but when it occurs my display is too corrupted & distorted to read the info. It completely goes away after a quick restart, until it randomly occurs again.

I've also noticed a lot of strangeness while watching netflix & playing games at the same time. At the start of a new episode my display will lock up at times or my sytsem will get extremely laggy/choppy for a few seconds, which is also when this corruption tends to start sometimes.

I've stress tested my reinstalled 20.9.2 multiple times with DDU & stress tested my GPU using a multitude of tools including Superposition, 3dmark Timespy/Fire Strike, Heaven, etc. for hours & could not reproduce this issue, so it seems to be very specific.

I have sent in a bug report to AMD also.

Update: After going back to 20.8.3 going on 5 hours now with no more corruption, MUCH more stable feeling performance, & only 1 time of a few second freeze while loading an episode on netflix while playing ARK. I'll be sticking with this driver until this is fixed for sure!

0 Likes