cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrmod1ac
Adept I

Some driver updates causing No Boot

Hello, I'm having a problem after I install the 3 IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Driver updates and restart the pc it won't reboot, it just stays on the ASRock screen with a spinning circle but as soon as I reload my most recent restore point without these updates everything is fine.

After days of troubleshooting, I concluded that these 3 are definitely the problem drivers.

My rig-

Ryzen 7 3800x

Gigabyte Rx 5700xt

ASRock B450 Steel Legend

Corsair Vengence Pro(2x8)16Gb DDR4 3200

Seasonic Focus 850w PSU

Adata 512Gb m.2 and 3Tb HDD storage.

My pc runs rapidly without the updates so do I really need to update these, what are they needed for and is it ok to just go on without them or even better can I fix them?

I've heard of a couple of people with the exact same problem and the main thing we all have in common is the 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs.

thanks, Ian

4 Replies
mrmod1ac
Adept I

mmc_gb7GKqLBaH.pngmmc_h5BDdXnmEf.png

0 Likes

CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

0 Likes

I've been having the same issue updating these drivers (using Driver Booster); in searching this today I found this: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-250

See the section on Driver Compatibility.  I'm assuming you're using Win10, in which case, don't update, just use the Microsoft standard drivers and leave it at that.

0 Likes
AcidTreasure
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem on the Lenovo ideaPad 330S. It's stuck on a boot loop. I think I'll have to reset it, unfortunately...

0 Likes