cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

totalsuck
Newcomer

[SOLVED] RX 5700 XT TUF X3 OC GAMING Drivers installation shuts down computer and would not load to Windows 10

Hi,

Problem:

Bought Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT TUF X3 OC GAMING on 10.10.2019 and replace my old GPU Geforce 980TI. After installation I deleted all Nvidia drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.9 and started to install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Optional drivers.

During the installation at the point where screen turns off and on and Windows detects 5700 XT GPU computer shuts down. Turning computer on again will result in freezing at splash screen after few seconds. Rebooting computer will automatically start Windows Repair options where I can choose to start in Safe Mode. Safe Mode works fine and I'm able to delete Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Optional drivers with the help of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.9. After reboot I'm able to access Windows 10 in normal mode, but no GPU drivers. Only Windows own GPU driver.

What I have tried:

- I've try to install drivers in safe mode, but it complains about driver certification and asks to start Windows without this component.

- I've try to install only drivers in Computer Management --> Device Manager --> Display Adapter --> Update Drivers and pointed to the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Optional drivers folder. It start to install but again the same result. Computer shuts down and Windows cannot be started.

- I've try to modify registry entry to increase GPU processing time from 2 seconds to 8 seconds. Same result.

- I've try to install drivers from Asus webpage Version 19.30.02 https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TUF-3-RX5700-O8G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/. Same result.

- I've try to install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.5 Optional and Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 Optional . Same result.

- I've try to lower RAM speed from 2933 to 2733. Same result.

Additional info:

- Windows logs show errors of DCOM 1084 (https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-dcom-error-1084-on-windows-10/)

My PC:

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Plus (Connected to 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (PCI_E2)

Memory: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 Processor (Not overclocked)

PSU: 650W (not most expensive, but not the cheapest)

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Versio: 1903
OS Build: 18362.418

My thoughts:

- RX 5700 XT TUF X3 OC GAMING is faulty?

- PSU not enought power?

- Drivers are not compatible with this setup?

SOLVED

I did update MSI B350 Gaming Plus Bios (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios) ( 7A34vMHM(Beta ) and MSI B350 Gaming Plus Chipset drivers (AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.10.16). After this Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1 Optional drivers installed without a problem.
0 Likes
3 Replies
rock12
Adept I

Yeah the driver is complete rubbish buddy get used to it till they fix it my 5700 xt stutters in games and freezes all the time league black screens out of no where and computer will just restart randomly with hardware issues lol 

taurea
Elite

It's not the first time I've seen people having massive issue when switching from Nvidia to AMD gfx.. hmm.....

/conspiracy off.

I have no idea what may be at fault with your system. I have a rx5700xt upgraded from rx580. my brother has a rx5700xt, upgraded from gtx970. I'm on 19.9.2 atm and my bro just upgraded to 19.10.1 yesterday without any issues at all.

We're both on R5 1600's and X370 boards.

Besides me having some dual-monitor setup issues, driver installs just fine on both systems.

Do you know anyone else with a rx5700xt where you can swap-test your graphics cards, to exclude potential fault with the gfx?

2'nd bad idea would be to completely re-install Windows, That's the best I got. sorry.

Maybe someone smarter than me has more ideas.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking to test my new GPU on friends PC. I think I will do that so I can for sure know that it is not GPU fault.

0 Likes