Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neptune769
Journeyman III

***Solved***Needing help with drivers for Radeon HD 5500 Windows 7 x64

Hello,

I Windows 7 x64. I have two Acer R240HY monitors. One is on VGA the other is HDMI. When I'm running Windows 7 32 bit I get both monitors with 1920 x 1080 resolution and independent video. No problems. However when I swap harddrives and run Windows 7 64 bit I only get one video screen on two monitors at 1400 x 1050. I installed drivers whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-Oct30. Also on my monitor using HDMI I get a black border. There is no way to ajust scaling in Catalyst. Attached is a screen grab of my Catalyst in Advanced view. I have tried other drivers all with the same result. I used AMD cleanup utility before each new driver install. When I first installed 64bit I was getting dual monitors but after I started looking for updated drivers to fix the border on the HDMI monitor eveything went south and I can't even get back to the drivers Windoes installed. I know this is an old graphics card but I can't afford to upgrade at the moment. I'm lost now and at my whits end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dennis

I went to Device Manager and noticed that under Display it was using Generic VGA Drivers. I updated the Drivers by pointing to the AMD folder and now no more problems. I guess I just got in a rut and couldn't change my thinking for a while. Thanks anyway.

0 Replies