Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chucktownrc51
Adept II

(*Solved*) Multiple Issues With 5700 XT, Please Help

Multiple problems with 5700XT.

Ok, I'm having several issues with this card and/or drivers.  First, and most important thing is the "Radeon wattman settings has been restored due to an unexpected system failure"  Which basically happens to me all the time from anything as simple as restarting the computer to opening the xbox app.  The card also goes to black screen when playing games or even looking in the Xbox app.  The card was also locked down to 27fps on Apex Legends before starting crazy screen flickering and crashing. Lastly, it seems that whenever HDR is turned on it just goes to black screen whenever putting anything on the screen that is even somewhat graphical. I have already done a fresh install of windows and all the drivers but still having issues. 

My system is a Gigabyte X570 Master, Ryzen 3700X, Reference 5700XT, 32gb of Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 RAM, Gigabyte Gen 4 m.2 SSD, Aorus AD27QD Monitor. 

Someone please help before I lose my mind.

Thanks. 

Update, July 27th:  I did another fresh install of windows, uninstalled adrenaline in safe mode with DDU, again, reinstalled in airplane mode, removed MSI Afterburner, disabled enhanced sync, disabled Radeon overlay and put an aggressive fan curve on Wattman. The card is now very stable and burning through all games (Except GTAV for some reason, it won't even boot it, crashes on load).  I'm getting nice performance in everything else I've played so far (Forza H4, Warframe, Dead Rising 4, Prey, and Apex Legends).  I don't know if this will work for everyone else but try it. 

1 Solution
chucktownrc51
Adept II

Update, July 27th:  I did another fresh install of windows, uninstalled adrenaline in safe mode, again, reinstalled in airplane mode with DDU, removed MSI Afterburner, disabled enhanced sync, disabled Radeon overlay and put an aggressive fan curve on Wattman. The card is now very stable and burning through all games (Except GTAV for some reason, it won't even boot it, crashes on load).  I'm getting nice performance in everything else I've played so far (Forza H4, Warframe, Dead Rising 4, Prey, and Apex Legends).  I don't know if this will work for everyone else but try it.

View solution in original post

61 Replies