Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

osirismelb
Adept III

Re: Multiple Issues With 5700 XT, Please Help

Jump to solution

So deal with having the problem then, or not up to you.

You could at least try to see if it's the cause of your problem or not. If you're not willing to try to legitimately find the source of your issue then indeed you are just whinging.

Guess some people just can't be helped.

bearcat22
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I think what the OP is saying is that the product he bought isn't working as advertised. And I agree with him. These tech companies have their products on the shelves before their ready to be sold. That's why I urge people to send back their graphic cards, mainboards etc if they don't work properly out of the box. Maybe if these companies start getting back truck loads of product they won't be in such a rush to get it out the door. But I doubt it. I also don't buy into this "there's so many different configurations" argument. If a graphic card manufacture can't confirm thier card will work for the majority of people they should start building aluminum fishing boats instead.

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

I guess you missed the part where I've been trouble shooting this for days nonstop. If the only thing left to do is reduce to pcie 3.0 then I will return it because that's not the product I intended to purchase. Stop being an AMD fanboy and start being a consumer. Also, learn how to spell whining. Thanks. 

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Eaxctly, thank you. 

s88urd
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Unfortunatley I have to agree with this. I had an X470 board which had numerous issues after updating the BIOS to the most recent version. It even resulted in the BIOS files corrupting and the board being sent for RMA. 

Back to the original issue, have you completly uninstalled the drivers using DDU in safe mode (untick the 'install drivers from windows update within DDU) and then reinstall the latest driver fresh. Sorry if im teaching you to suck eggs, just trying to get a baseline on what has been tried already.

Is there anything being reported in event viewer at all?

With my 5700XT I undervolted and altered the fan cuvre to get it to run stable and fairly cool. 

Are you specifially setting anything on Wattman or global graphic settings at all, or is it all default still when it happens?

0 Likes
chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have done the DDU uninstall on safe mode, reinstall and have even completely reinstalled windows and all drivers. Nothing has fixed these issues. I'm just running default values on everything. 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Chuck I would definitely let your mother board maker know about your issues if you have not. I would also officially let AMD know what is going on and if they have advice. They have been known to off some times alpha drivers and bios and such in the past to some folks. Can't promise anything but telling folks here is just talking with other users for the most part as driver and hardware development DO NOT answer in these forums.

So let AMD know through the channel they do give us: Online Service Request | AMD 

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I put in a service request for this last night. Haven't got a response yet. 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

s88urd wrote:

Unfortunatley I have to agree with this. I had an X470 board which had numerous issues after updating the BIOS to the most recent version. It even resulted in the BIOS files corrupting and the board being sent for RMA. 

Back to the original issue, have you completly uninstalled the drivers using DDU in safe mode (untick the 'install drivers from windows update within DDU) and then reinstall the latest driver fresh. Sorry if im teaching you to suck eggs, just trying to get a baseline on what has been tried already.

Is there anything being reported in event viewer at all?

With my 5700XT I undervolted and altered the fan cuvre to get it to run stable and fairly cool. 

Are you specifially setting anything on Wattman or global graphic settings at all, or is it all default still when it happens?

I have noticed some problems with recent BIOS ROMs on the MSI support site and some were withdrawn due to it. Shortly after than MSI posted news of  new MAX motherboards with new larger 32MB BIOS chips to handle the growing needs.

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Update, July 27th:  I did another fresh install of windows, uninstalled adrenaline in safe mode, again, reinstalled in airplane mode with DDU, removed MSI Afterburner, disabled enhanced sync, disabled Radeon overlay and put an aggressive fan curve on Wattman. The card is now very stable and burning through all games (Except GTAV for some reason, it won't even boot it, crashes on load).  I'm getting nice performance in everything else I've played so far (Forza H4, Warframe, Dead Rising 4, Prey, and Apex Legends).  I don't know if this will work for everyone else but try it.

View solution in original post