Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chucktownrc51
Adept II

(*Solved*) Multiple Issues With 5700 XT, Please Help

Jump to solution

Multiple problems with 5700XT.

Ok, I'm having several issues with this card and/or drivers.  First, and most important thing is the "Radeon wattman settings has been restored due to an unexpected system failure"  Which basically happens to me all the time from anything as simple as restarting the computer to opening the xbox app.  The card also goes to black screen when playing games or even looking in the Xbox app.  The card was also locked down to 27fps on Apex Legends before starting crazy screen flickering and crashing. Lastly, it seems that whenever HDR is turned on it just goes to black screen whenever putting anything on the screen that is even somewhat graphical. I have already done a fresh install of windows and all the drivers but still having issues. 

My system is a Gigabyte X570 Master, Ryzen 3700X, Reference 5700XT, 32gb of Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 RAM, Gigabyte Gen 4 m.2 SSD, Aorus AD27QD Monitor. 

Someone please help before I lose my mind.

Thanks. 

Update, July 27th:  I did another fresh install of windows, uninstalled adrenaline in safe mode with DDU, again, reinstalled in airplane mode, removed MSI Afterburner, disabled enhanced sync, disabled Radeon overlay and put an aggressive fan curve on Wattman. The card is now very stable and burning through all games (Except GTAV for some reason, it won't even boot it, crashes on load).  I'm getting nice performance in everything else I've played so far (Forza H4, Warframe, Dead Rising 4, Prey, and Apex Legends).  I don't know if this will work for everyone else but try it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chucktownrc51
Adept II

Re: Multiple Issues With 5700 XT, Please Help

Jump to solution

Update, July 27th:  I did another fresh install of windows, uninstalled adrenaline in safe mode, again, reinstalled in airplane mode with DDU, removed MSI Afterburner, disabled enhanced sync, disabled Radeon overlay and put an aggressive fan curve on Wattman. The card is now very stable and burning through all games (Except GTAV for some reason, it won't even boot it, crashes on load).  I'm getting nice performance in everything else I've played so far (Forza H4, Warframe, Dead Rising 4, Prey, and Apex Legends).  I don't know if this will work for everyone else but try it.

View solution in original post

61 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Seems like many Users are having problems with AMD Drivers on X570 Motherboards or with the 5700XT GPU Card.

Try downloading AMD X570 Chip Set and install that and see if it helps any from here: X570 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Then at the same AMD Download page, download the latest AMD Driver for the 5700XT: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Drivers & Support | AMD 

Update to the latest BIOS for your X570 Aorus Master Motherboard to version F5g (07/12/2019) with a updated AGESA 1.0.0.3AB from here: https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#pd_cpu 

Make sure your RAM Memory is listed on your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM Memory for 3rd generation CPUs: https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#pd_cpu 

After you update everything see if the problems goes away or changes.

Also post any Error messages that pop up or in Device Manager.

osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

Check the PCIE slot your running the card in is set to PCIE 3.0 and not 4.0.

There are a lot of issues running it at 4.0 speeds right now.

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.

I paid $360 for a PCIE 4.0 board and have to run it on 3.0 for it to work? If that's the fix that is really ridiculous.  This thing has been nothing but a pain in the 4 days I've been trying to use it. Might be time to RMA if that's the case. 

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.

My RAM isn't on that list (although there are some very close Ballistix sticks) but I seriously doubt that's the issue.  At least I hope not because that would be incredibly finicky. I have done everything else on that list and it hasn't helped at all, if anything it's worse now. The only error message I ever get is the stupid wattman one. This is so disappointing. 

osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

Your running entirely new motherboard chipsets and PCIE standards as well as GPU architecture. It's bound to be buggy at first.

AMD is aware of the issues and are slowly working through them. We've had 2 new driver releases for the RX 5700 series in 2 weeks with a lot of fixes already.

If you want to be an early adopter and get the latest stuff right now then sometimes bugs are something you have to deal with and be patient while they are fixing them.

Once they sort through the bugs you will be able to run it on PCIE 4.0 but in all honesty there is NO performance gains by doing so anyway so it's a moot point.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

gigabyte is bad for updates for BIOS bugs and drivers

this is in stark contrast to MSI who has taken steps to deal with issues such as the new 32MB BIOS chips so there is room for all UEFI features and CPU tables etc

0 Likes
chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

Are you being serious?  I've been an early adopter on PC tech for the last 20 years and have NEVER had a product that's so bad that I spent 3 full days trouble shooting and still can't play a game.  If you think that's what it means to be an early adopter I don't know what world you've been living in. This kind of thing is totally unacceptable and shouldn't be released if you can't even play a game on it.

osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

Try the change of speed to PCIE or not, up to you but whinging about it won't fix your problem will it?

And the PCIE problem isn't specifically related to the RX 5700 series, apparently it's a bios bug introduced by the motherboard manufacturers. And as I said before moving back to PCIE 3.0 for the time being is not going to make any difference to the overall performance of the card. It performs the same on either PCIE version.

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'm not "whinging" about anything but I'm not going to sit here and let someone try and tell me this is normal for early adoption of tech, because it's not. And I have a Gen 4 m.2 SSD so I'd rather not do anything to reduce the PCIe bandwidth.