Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

avenses
Journeyman III

Solved: 5700XT black screen crash while gaming

Update:

I found an update to the VBios (not regular Bios) on the Asus website which pretty much solved it. Just look up your GPU (make sure it's the right one!) and go to support. There you'll find 'driver & tools' and a submenu with 'Bios'. There you'll find an update for the VBios

No more crashes, temps are lower.

Of course it's only been two days but I've been playing for hours and no crash while it used to crash after 5 minutes before.

Good luck!

Hi,

Recently I bought a  IIyama 34" 1440 p 144hz  (G-Master GB3461WQSU) monitor to upgrade from my 27" samsung 1080p.

A lot of things were wrong with this monitor, resolution, tearing, colours, crash during gaming, ... So I returned it and got a new one.

With the new one I have a lot less problems in terms of resolution, colours & tearing but I still have the crash while gaming. Pretty much every 'fast paced' game I play has the same result - audio gets stuck, black screen and reboot. On occasion it will crash to desktop after what I can use the PC for about 2 minutes before it reboots.

I also get static from one of the built in speakers on occasion but I'm guessing that is unrelated and a monitor issue.

What I've tried:

- Do all windows upgrades

- Upgrade chipset

- DDU of the driver and clean install of latest driver

- DDU of the driver and revert to driver 19.12.1

- Adapted fan curve as the 5700XT will only go up to 42% fanspeed at high temps. I thought the temperatures got quite high (110° on junction and 80-100° current temp. Adapting the fanspeed got me to +- 80° junction and 60-70° current temp ( tested during Apex legends)

- Tried different displayport kabels

- Used HDMI instead of displayport

- Lowered FPS to max 60, lowered graphics, lowered refresh rates to 120hz & 100hz

- Stress tested GPU - good results

- Turned off freesync in software as well as monitor

What I can't do:

- Undervolt as the store I got the PC from informed me this might be a reason for voiding the warranty in case of defect

- Try other GPU as this was a custom built at the store (was on promotion so why not) meaning that if I do something on the hardware myself the warranty for the assembly will be void. (altough I'm not sure how they can check that I did anything..)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Specs:

Operating System:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 5 - 3600

RAM:

16,0GB D416GB 3200-16 Veng. RGB PRO bk K2 COR

Motherboard:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING (AM4) 40 °C

Graphics:

PL3461WQ (3440x1440@144Hz)

8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (ASUStek Computer Inc) Driver - 19.12.1

Asus8GB D6 RX5700XT TUF-3 OC

Storage:

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD)) 39 °C

931GB Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 (Unknown (SSD))

PSU:

Corsair RM750X (2018) 750W ATX24

Cooling:

CooMas MasterLiquid ML240L RGB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also get this message in Speccy while checking the monitor: State Enabled, Primary, Unsafe, I have no idea if this is related.

In event monitor I find the following critical error after a crash:

Kernel-Power
Event ID - 41
Task categroy 63

When I hook up my old 27" monitor I have no issues.

Anyone has an idea what it could be/what I can do?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
accn
Elite

Too bad that there is no new vbios for the reference gpu's

0 Likes