cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Penispooper
Journeyman III

Software that use OpenGL do not recognize my graphics card, even though I have all've the drivers.

When I try to open a software that uses OpenGL, say Blender or Davinci Resolve, it will tell me that I either don't have a GPU or I need one with OpenGL.

I know that it's my GPU because using my CPU's integrated gives positive results. 

I have used the official AMD Adrenaline auto installer, so I know I have the correct drivers.

My GPU is installed correctly as my computer recognizes is and the auto installer wouldn't have detected it if it was installed incorrectly.

My GPU is functioning because whenever I do a graphics heavy task it's use goes up in task manager.

I've installed every optional update I could make sure all other hardware was up to date.

I've made multiple clean installs to clear my computer of any corrupted data.

I've tried everything I can think of but programs that used to work on my old computers just won't work anymore. If anyone knows any other solutions, please let me know. It would be a great help.

I have the RX 6400.

1 Reply
kurazarrh
Adept I

I am seeing this in some games that use OpenGL versions prior to 4.6. It seems like the AMD driver is defaulting to a 4.6 compatibility mode instead of recognizing the native version of OpenGL that the application supports. I'm submitting a bug report with screenshots, so maybe this gets resolved... eventually.

You may want to revert to version 22.5.1 if you haven't already done so. That appears to be the last version where OpenGL support was actually working.