cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fhd2501
Journeyman III

software that I download from AMD.com has MSI package installation failures

Lately all software that I download from AMD.com has MSI package installation failures and does not allow me to install them.
The old versions work perfectly but I cannot download the latest drivers, nor the ryzen master by mistake in the installation.

Is it because of something special?

0 Likes
8 Replies

I imagine once you post your computer specs someone might be able to assist you. Otherwise, In my case, I will just be taking wild guesses.

0 Likes
fhd2501
Journeyman III

I do not know why the specifications of the pc are necessary since what fails are the installation packages, but here they go:
Ryzen 5 1600X chipset x370.

Windows 10 - 2004 version
Also tested with windows 10 1903 and 1809. Same result

Be it the drivers or the Ryzen master installation, the installation finds an error and does not continue with the current versions of the web.
With older versions, since I usually save them, the installation works without problems.

Oh, and the latest drivers support the x370 and Ryzen 1st Gen chipset according to AMD specifications and notes.
So that the latest drivers are only compatible with 2nd and 3rd generation ryzen, is not valid. (I have already come up with that as an excuse, and even if it were true, there should not be an installation error.)

Anyway thanks for checking it out

0 Likes

Since you are under the impression that your PC specs are not important to post than I am sure someone else can help you.

Take care.

0 Likes

Las especificaciones del pc ya estan puestas, pero si las quieres con detalles ahi van

AMD Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte ag--x370 gaming K7
16 GB ram Corsair 3200 cl 18
GTX 1080 EVGA
SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB sata
SSD Corsair MP510 NVM2 PCI-ex x4
2 Wester Digital black 1 TB
1 SSD mushking Cronos G2 240GB
Sound Blaster Z
Avermedia capture H757

Ahora explicame por que con windows 10 ya sea la 1803, 1909 la 2004 la instalacion de los drivers o del paquete de software de AMD ryzen master falla por error de instalacion del paquete .msi, no por que no se encuentre un producto compatible, pero sin embbargo las versiones anteriores de hace unos meses si funcionan perfectamente.

0 Likes

I have published the pc specifications in detail. And as I indicated, I don't know what the specs have to do for MSI packages to fail to install.

I keep waiting for your answer but I suppose it is silly to wait for an answer from someone who appears to have knowledge and at least remains without knowledge.

0 Likes

The specifications of the pc are already set, but if you want them with details there they go

AMD Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte ag - x370 gaming K7
16 GB ram Corsair 3200 cl 18
GTX 1080 EVGA
Samsung EVO 250 GB sata SSD
Corsair MP510 NVM2 PCI-ex x4 SSD
2 Wester Digital black 1 TB
1 SSD mushking Cronos G2 240GB
Sound Blaster Z
Avermedia capture H757

Now explain to me why with windows 10 either 1803, 1909 or 2004, the installation of the drivers or the AMD ryzen master software package fails due to an error installing the .msi package, not because a compatible product is not found, but however the previous versions of a few months ago if they work perfectly

0 Likes
kinarky
Journeyman III

Is your TEMP not pointing to the default place ? a not ntfs disk or with limited rights ?

0 Likes

It is a personal pc, I am the administrator and sole user of the pc, and of course I have administrator rights and permissions.

0 Likes