cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Phtevens
Journeyman III

Software crash

A couple of months ago I was installing a new Radeon software patch, during the installation of the software my computer froze and crashed, I had to hard reset my PC, when I turned on my PC no applications would open. I could see the desktop screen and could move the mouse and click on things. There was about a five second window where I could open applications, after this window my computer was essentially locked up. In order to fix this, I was able to give my second windows account Admin. For some reason my second account would not freeze up and everything worked fine. So I uninstalled Radeon software through my second account. 

After this I redownloaded Radeon software, and everything worked fine. However, one day a couple weeks later when I opened a game all my monitors went black, and Radeon software said there was a bug, and asked me to report it. I tried relaunching the same thing happened. I found out that the reason the software was crashing was because windows had an update. However, a couple weeks later the same thing happened. Turns out anytime there is any sort of windows update no matter what it is, even if it is just an update for windows security I have to update or else my Radeon drivers will crash. I am currently on Windows 10 21H1 as it just came out and made my software crash because of it

Has anyone ever had this problem? And does anyone know a fix for this?

I've tried reinstalling the software before and it didn't seem to work.

0 Likes
1 Reply