cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wtfking
Journeyman III

so yeah the new 16.5.2 driver doesnt work crimson isnt showing and now im getting even less fps in games

title pretty much says it all so how do i fix 16.5.2 or go back to 16.5.1

0 Likes
7 Replies
morse
Adept II

Re: so yeah the new 16.5.2 driver doesnt work crimson isnt showing and now im getting even less fps in games

Did you do the automatic update?

I did that at first, I lost my Crimson, and the update did not work properly.

So I went the old fashioned route - downloaded the new drivers myself, uninstalled all AMD software, and installed them. Now it seems to work ok, maybe smoother than before, time will tell.

0 Likes
wtfking
Journeyman III

Re: so yeah the new 16.5.2 driver doesnt work crimson isnt showing and now im getting even less fps in games

@morse i tried what you said with the Manuel way(which i always do) i even tried installing 16.3 to install to the 16.5.1 which work good then i tried 16.5.1 to 16.5.2 and then the same thing happened i restarted as it tells me to so it can finish installing but everytime i restarted i thought nothing happen even though its not showing still i launched a game and got better frame rate then i did before which i dont know how when the driver isnt installed/missing

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

How can you expect any credible answer? You have supplied absolutely no information at all...not even your graphics card.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
L4d
Challenger

I went from 16.3.2 to 16.5.1, to 16.5.2 without problems; I never uninstalled anything.

0 Likes
wtfking
Journeyman III

im pretty sure you can cause i dont have a gpu hint why i didnt list one did you ever hear of apus aka budget crap?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Yeah I have. Answer these if you want help.

1. Processor/APU?

2. Graphics ?

3. Operating system?

4. Laptop or desktop? If laptop, furnish the model number.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd like to help, but to do that we'll need more information please.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes