cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Aysentaro
Adept I

so many issues with latest drivers

first of all after installing the official drivers downloaded from this site my textures got blurry they almost look like if you zoomed in on the textures and put it on the walls like that, even the shadows and the lighting seems lower quality especially noticable on the armor in Dark Souls, on top of that the depth of field/TAA got completely broken, weird thing is the default driver windows installs does not have these issues even tho thats not that old either 2022/4/28

the other issue came with the chipset driver that causes huge input lag and mouse inaccuraccy, i managed to find the problem there it was entirely caused by "AMD PSP device" after deleting its driver and blocking the device completely, the lag was no more

oh yeah and almost forget how i get 200fps on a weak nvidia gtx960 in openGL games while my rx580 that is supposed to be like twice as strong gets me 70-80 at best the same place

honestly i really regret buying AMD now, of all they years i spent on nvidia never once i had to deal with sh*t like this

what is wrong with this company is it just incompetence?

7 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

I had an RX 580 for a few years and never had any problems..

Normally these problems are to do with the configuration of the system they are in...

Drivers 22.3.1 were perfectly ok with my RX 580 and still on them with my RX 6700 XT..

Most problems are caused by monitoring software, people have too many different ones on their system..

I had a stuttering problem, the cause was Asus GPU Tweak, removed it and problem solved..

The PSU for GTX 960 is 400 -450W.. RX 580is 450 - 750W depending make and model and a good at least gold PSU..

I always go over the top with my PSU, 850W is the lowest I like to go..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

"Most problems are caused by monitoring software, people have too many different ones on their system.."

fresh windows install LOL

and noone talked about stuttering either the games visually looks very different, and they shouldnt, at first i was suspecting the "surface format optimization" but after digging a bit in the registry it seems like the windows driver has it enabled by default as well, right know i'm almost certain the new drivers just broke something with antialiasing, TAA to be exact on dx9 games

and yes the security device making your PC lag is very real confirmed by a lot of ppl, i assume its intended

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=9941

the only thing i could find is that if i sort devices by connections it shows that my mouse and keyboard goes directly through the PSP driver probably why the input lag

0 Likes

Where in your original post does it say fresh windows install?
I didn't say you had stuttering! I was saying about a problem I had and how I cured it!
PSP has never caused a problem for me, with any builds I have done!
So if you know everything already, best you sort it out!!!!!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Actually, I do!

You are here asking for help, people here try to help out of kindness.

You are are asking for said help and throw it back in peoples faces!

I have been working in PC's and electronics for over 30 years..

So on that note, Goodbye..

Anonymous
Not applicable

those issues occur when nvidia titles install really old .net core desktop runtime or other really old visual C++ redistributables.

if a game requires those things the second it installs you must go to control panel and device manager and update your AMD display driver so it gets the correct one put back in there. it will still say like RX5700XT but it will suck. also i've a 5700xt and what i have to download the adrenaline driver install adrenaline with the drivers then after i installed my games uninstall the C++ and .net stuff maybe even in windows add remove components and then download the latest ones from microsoft and put those in then go to device manager and update driver on my 5700xt driver and select browse and pick from a list then have disk and browse and go to my c:\amd\packages\display\wta something then find the inf file there. then uncheck the show only compatible and select 6950xt 

i also download the latest optional from AMD website by clicking through like graphics cards 6900 series then 6950 and click the first link for windows 11.

i also recommend you try my config.ini file or make your own to pretend to actually use windows 10 or 11 and pretend to actually use vulkan and your AMD hardware by manually toggling on display driver features and functions with your own custm values and quality settings so you can do trillions of times better gaming/graphics/quality/performance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

enabling more security features like windows core isolation/memory integrity makes your computer go warp speed for me..

but when windows or AMD patch their OS or drivers for more security many exploit software and hackers will attack it like DDOS and slow and cripple your whole computer trying to get in the way they always have.. which ruins everybodys day.. often windows will run so terribly that microsoft OS compromises by rolling back the security patch. but yeah its also true that many security tools need to poll/monitor for things and the more polling monitoring and logging you are doing the more it can slow down your system in some ways.. but GPU uses a different bus to the mouse.. if you've installed custom third party mouse drivers or didnt install custom third party USB drivers for your board.. or you didnt set your bios correctly or your older USB ports have more power hungry more speed latency and performance hungry devices you may need to plug it into a modern type C port at the rear of your computer for the fastest port.. usb 3.2gen2 or 4.0 if not it can terribly affect performance.. though most usb cables and devices and HDMI cables have small wifi chips in them and deliver a payload into your computer so criminals hack in and using those USB devices will have the spyware hogging the bus and bandwidth.. see OMG USB and other payload branded cable chips which idiots get jobs in computer stores and other retailers to swap the cables out or mod them and sell them cheaply on ebay or whatever or stick it in the expensive tvs or any hot little kiddie they see buying a game console they go grab the special one from the back room.

because all intel standards have no standards and are the most vulnerable things ever.. intel didnt actually make USB they just put the words intel on everything usb till people think they did.. because USB is more about drivers and the OS. and every mobile or other devices uses completely different USB speeds and chips and controllers and software. so yeah their standards are the fakest least standard things ever.. dont get me started on their PC hardware either. but umm basically the asus had proper USB 3 decade ago with scsi over usb properly supported but the drivers for them are hidden on the CD that came with the mainboard and cant be downloaded online. as for all the spyware chips and software hidden in the USB cables and keyboards and devices and peripherals that use USB any antivirus on earth could easily block them and patch itself in seconds.. which no antivirus ever does patch or secure anything.. why i've no clue. but yeah its the militarys job to secure our communications and protect our businesses and nation from having its wealth stolen from outside threats. Go figure. which they've never actually protected or prevented any virus or caught any criminals in the history of the internet.. so yeah maybe dont waste money on any antivirus and just use windows defender which when tested caught like 90% or more of the things the paid antivirus pretend to anyway.

also if you use USB audio devices try generic microsoft USB class 2 audo device drivers. dont install those ASIO software and drivers those halve my gaming FPS and honestly dont sound TOO much better since direct sound has lower latency anyway.

0 Likes
Skrybe
Challenger

Wait, you've just bought an rx580? That card was released 5 years ago. Why would you buy one now?

And I'm not sure what OGL games you're running (and at what settings) but https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-960-vs-AMD-RX-580/3165vs3923 shows the rx580 to be between 7-61% faster than the gtx960 and about 35% faster on average. I don't think anyone would expect it to be "twice as strong".

If you're seeing a difference like that in a game and you seriously want to try to fix things then list the game and the settings you're running at. Because it's possible the gtx960 is running different quality settings to the rx580.

0 Likes