Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Twiggymocha
Journeyman III

Snow on non-primary screens when alt tabbing

Hi,

I bought a ROG Strix 6600xt a few days ago. Whenever I alt tab there is "snow", often seen on older tv's on my other two monitors and a delay. I mostly play league of legends and often do this to switch songs or videos or whatever I am doing on my non-primary monitors. Is there a known fix for this, or could this problem be with my graphics card. Please redirect me to a different thread if this is in the wrong category. Before this I had a 1060 6gb and never experienced this issue.

Other details

16gb ram (2x8)

600w power supply

2 display port adapters to hdmi; 1 going to tv and 1 to monitor

1 hdmi

1 display port

2 x 60hz 1080p monitor

1 x 120 hz(overclocked to 144hz) monitor

1 x 60hz tv

0 Likes
3 Replies
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

Try disabling MPO and see if it stops doing that cos there are alt tab issues right now and MPO issues with drivers.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/disabling-mpo-multiplace-overlay-can-improve-some-desktop-apps-fli...

Do report back if it did help or not help, cos there may be something else wrong with the drivers or hardware related like bad cable, but since you mention while alt tabbing im guessing it may be MPO related first time hearing tho about something this extreme but would not surprise me if its MPO related at this point.

0 Likes

Hi KabouterPlop1

Firstly I would like to thank you for the reply and suggestion.

I would prefer not to download something and make changes in my registry unless it is officially suggested by an AMD support employee.

What I hade done is enable HDMI Link Assurance, but this does not seem to have fixed the issue. I will wait until the next driver update I guess.

If nothing changes I will contact official support since the gpu is still very new and has a warrany.

0 Likes

Then i recommend staying on 22.5.1, many users have fixed their issues disabling MPO not saying it will for you as well but Nvidia has suplied reg files to disable MPO oficially that fix also works for AMD

0 Likes