cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kirby1978
Adept I

Smite - Unable to see certain god abilities

Some abillities are not vissible in the game under DX11. This problem occurs on every Driver since 19.6.3. 
With DX9 everything works fine but the performance is not the same. 
Using a Vega56 Sapphire Pulse and 19.8.1

Someone with the same problem ? 

17 Replies
mvmiller12
Adept II

I can confirm that this bug happens with the Radeon Vega 64, RX 580, RX 480, and R9 290 cards as well with all driver versions 19.7.1 and later.

0 Likes
mvmiller12
Adept II

I can also add that it is very easy to check for this problem by starting a Jungle Practice match and selecting Chang'e. Normally, if you use her 1st ability "Crescent Moon Dance" she makes a sweeping lunge and you will see a fan-like graphic sweep out in front of her.

If she lunges out but there is no fan-like graphic effect, you have this bug.

0 Likes
mvmiller12
Adept II

I just submitted a trouble ticket for this at Online Service Request | AMD  

It wouldn't hurt for everyone else experiencing this issue to do so as well.

0 Likes
kirby1978
Adept I

Submitted a ticket as well. 
And yes, i test it evertime with Isis 2 .. if it doesn´t show it didn´t work ^^

0 Likes
nebulashadow
Journeyman III

I am also having this issue. I submitted a support ticket, hopefully it's resolved soon. I previously owned a Radeon VII upon release in February/March and that driver didn't have the issue. I have heard that 19.7.1 is the driver that began the issue. Unfortunate too, because I have a 5700XT now and the earliest supported driver for the card is the one that messed the game up. :/

0 Likes

I´ll hope AMD will fix this soon cause it´s not listed under known issues in the Driver Release Notes.
But the problem with Smite exists a little bit longer.. thats what i´ve read on Reddit etc. 

0 Likes

My experience with them has been that, once reported, fixes for this kind of stuff tend to come in on the release after the next release. Give it 2 weeks or so. In the mean time, just use the newer drivers with Smite in DirectX 9 mode, or (if you can) the older, working release.

0 Likes
kiferingas
Journeyman III

Me too :C RX 580 same problem

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The old players' game is Smite, uses Unreal Engine, and this game engine causes problems on DX11 with DX9-DX11 supported games. I think the producer of this game should be notified.

0 Likes

seems Nvidia don´t have any Problems with Smite  

I agree. Unreal Engine is problematic for AMD graphics cards. But I think game developers can solve this problem. Obviously, when I read such problems, I ask myself why I use AMD. I think nVidia cares more about old gamers than AMD.

0 Likes

Yes ;( 
I´ve bought my Vega56 4 Month ago .. before that i´ve used 15 Years Nvidia. But atm Nvidia is much too expensive and the Vega is still a beast compared to a GTX2060

Don't kid yourself about nVidia. They have the same kinds of issues as well when they update drivers (particularly when it is to support new cards), just with different games - go read the nVidia Reddit for proof of that. They both had problems with NieR: Automata for example, and AMD got their fixes in well before nVidia did.

You decide for yourself what you are reading. I'm saying because I know. Unreal is always trouble for AMD.
Besides, I don't know English enough. I understand and make simple sentences.
There are things on Unreal that AMD can't fix. nVidia doesn't interest me. Because I don't use.
If you can understand in Turkish I would write very good things to you.

NieR does not use Unreal Engine. 
What are you trying to do by changing the subject?
If I'm fooling myself, why are you using AMD? Are you a stupid?

0 Likes
mvmiller12
Adept II

This is still happening with driver 19.9.2, and I can confirm it also happens with the Radeon 5700XT cards in addition to the others already mentioned. Work around remains either rolling back to driver 19.5.2 or disabling DirectX 11 mode (this last is the ONLY  option for Radeon 5700 series owners).

Relevant thread on Smite Reddit: So I can't see half the abilities in the game? : Smite 

dreep
Adept I

My card is the Vega 56 and I have the same problem with the 19.9.3 drivers.
With 19.5.2 it worked fine.

0 Likes
mvmiller12
Adept II

This issue appears to be resolved starting with driver 19.10.1. You * might * need to use Guru3D's DDU utility before installing it for it to work properly, though.