cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smart Access Memory greyed out yet again with Adrenalin 24.6.1

Still an issue since 'smart technology' tab was introduce in January.

Also noting post 23.12.1 drivers are less stable and crash more frequently with older game. Black Ops for example. Bad enough it was already poorly optimized but now sub-par drivers on top of that. 

*shakes head*

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mooncatt
Adept II

I just updated to 24.6.1 as well and noticed the same thing. I filed a bug report through Adrenalin already. This has happened in the past on earlier drivers, but I could always fix it. The steps to do so back then were:

1. Boot into Bios and disable "Re-Size BAR Support" and "Above 4G Decoding," then reboot.

2. Once into Windows, reboot into BIOS again and re-enable those options, then reboot.

3. Once back into Windows, it should pop up a notice of a hardware change, prompting another reboot.

4. Reboot one last time into Windows, and SAM would then be available again in Adrenalin.

Trying those steps now are no longer working.

0 Likes
Mooncatt
Adept II

Ok, I take back that last comment. After I made it, I kept messing around trying to get SAM back and finally got it going again. The only difference this time (which I didn't have to do in the past) is after each reboot, I waited until Adrenalin started back up before doing the next reboot. Not sure if this is a new requirement in the process or just a fluke.

0 Likes