cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pepelopez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Since Crimson: Where are shortcuts to presets? Why are presets broken? Back to the 90's - thx to AMD! [not funny]

Hi guys,

before Crimson came out, it was possible to save whole "monitor setups" as a preset.

Well, it's still possible to save a preset, buit since Crimson it misses 2 important features:

* First, it doesn't save the whole "monitor state"! (More infos below!)

* Second, it's not possible to assign a hotkey like "STRG+1" or "STRG+F1" for a preset!

To the first issue: The preset is saving all prefs made in the settings window, but e.g. not how many monitors are active. Let me explain:

I have 3 monitors running with my R9 380. One FreeSync monitor in the middle, one 120Hz monitor on the left and one "usual" on the right side - all at 24".

Before Crimson, I had 3 presets:

* 1 monitor 144hz   [ the middle one ]

* 2 monitors           [ middle + left ]

* 3 monitors           [ all 3 on ]

I assigned a shortcut for each preset like STRG+1 / STRG+2 / STRG+3 to switch fast and easy through my presets.

But now, it's not possible anymore! Shortcuts are deleted, this option was taken away for no reason and without replacement!

Furthermore, Crimson doesn't save the whole monitor state! It's not possible to enable/disable monitors within the driver! That was possible before! Now you have to enable/disable monitors via Windows settings!!! Thanks for step back AMD Corporate​ ! Now it feels like back in the 90's! Why?

* "Crimson" is used for most actual settings (e.g. freesync)

* Old "Radeon Graphics Driver" window is used for presets and settings stuff you're not able to implement in Crimson

* "Windows Settings" must be used to turn monitors on and off!!

And because the whole monitor state is NOT saved (the preset doesn't save the state of a monitor if it's enabled or disabled!!!), my "old" 1/2/3 monitor presets are not working anymore!!

That means, the preset section is totally useless nowadays, you killed it without reason!

Are you planning to reactivate "full monitor state" saving presets WITH the possibility to assign shortcuts to each preset, or is it DEAD for you?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pepelopez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Since Crimson: Where are shortcuts to presets? Why are presets broken? Back to the 90's - thx to AMD! [not funny]

No AMD employee is reading this forum ...

0 Kudos
noelc
Elite
Elite

Re: Since Crimson: Where are shortcuts to presets? Why are presets broken? Back to the 90's - thx to AMD! [not funny]

Same kind of response I've been getting to my complaints about preset functionality just being missing or broken.

There are some potential workarounds...

You can save / load presets with the "AMD Radeon Additional Settings" dialog.  I reconfigured so I have a context menu entry on my desktop for that.

Turns out that they still provide a CLI.exe tool as part of "Catalyst Control Center Slim"  with which you can invoke presets.  This command, for example, loads my sRGB calibration preset:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CLI.exe" Start Load profilename="Noels sRGB"

Preset management is definitely a feature I needed, and which influenced my original purchase.  I'd like to keep up with updates not so much because of bugfixes (I don't game at all), but because I develop software that makes use of OpenGL and I really need to know how implementations of OpenGL are advancing.

-Noel

pepelopez
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes, in additional settings dialogue its possible to load/save presets. And thx for the CCC slim hint, will check it out (just need that cli tool), but unfortunately it still doesn't save the monitor state (on/off for multi monitor setups), so it's still not usable for me

Anyway, thx for your answer, that ccc slim hint helped!

0 Kudos