cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ahmedelwekel
Adept I

Since a problem when installing the latest version of the driver ati radeon hd8690m of the screen card stopped becouse He defines it as radeon hd8600m

Since a problem when installing the latest version of the driver ati radeon hd8690m of the screen card stopped becouse He defines it as radeon hd8600m

10 Replies

If you look carefully, I think you will see that it says HD8600 SERIES. That is the generic name. The 8690 is part of the HD8600  series.

Further questions please supply > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes

I know this but the device is having trouble defining it 8600m  freez my labtop 

i want update this software from 15.201.1101-150806a-188630C-Dell to 19.1.1 

Crimson 19.1.1 freezes during install on Dell Latitude E6440 (Radeon HD 8690M) with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

ahmedelwekel
Adept I

I know this but the device is having trouble defining it 8600m  freez my labtop 

i want update this software from 15.201.1101-150806a-188630C-Dell to 19.1.1 

Crimson 19.1.1 freezes during install on Dell Latitude E6440 (Radeon HD 8690M) with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

0 Likes

The reason we ask for specific details when you post a question.

You have a laptop with switchable Intel/AMD graphics Laptop graphics update...How to 

To make it easy..go the Dell and install the graphics driver updates (both of them Intel and AMD)

Update your laptop bios, chipset, etc. Use the 'detect drivers'

Support for Latitude E6440 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US 

0 Likes

it's old driver 

0 Likes

Laptop graphics update...How to 

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. 

This guide is separated into laptops with APU/AMD graphics and Intel/AMD graphics:

0 Likes
Temmy09
Adept I

Hi, 

Likewise, im having the same problem as ahmed. In the device manager, I can switch between the amd radeon hd8690 and the hd8600 series..... but whenever I try to play games with the hd8690, it tells me I have no driver installed
And so, I have to switch back to hd8600 series but that freezes my pc nd gives me a black screen instead. 

I use Dell laptop E6440 too. i downloaded the driver from the official dell site and if I try to instal it, it freezes in the installation page. Rebooting the laptop in safe mode, and I see that the hd8600 series is installed even though the installation never finished..

Wht can I do?

0 Likes

same ,I'm also having the similar problem but not exactly how he did. 

at first I wanted to play a game and use blender with the 2nd gpu which is AMD Radeon 8600M on this Dell latitude E6440 laptop ,the driver is completely fine and I just needed to download the AMD catalyst to configure what software needs more usage of the gpu, but I found out there's this AMD adrenaline and I downloaded it thinking that it would have a better UI and tools which it is but somewhat corrupted after restarting it freezes my device and I forced shutdown. a big mistake . both the AMD catalyst and AMD Adrenaline Launcher and it gave me an error of the gpu being not detected ,i tried to uninstall both gpu config softwares but it's bugged (no option to uninstall because the uninstall exe must been deleted),

I didn't know much but I just search how to fix it and I downloaded the AMD cleaner which deletes any AMD related on my laptop including the "driver" ,later on I just reinstalled the AMD Adrenaline and it downloaded the recommended driver ,since the AMD Radeon 8600m got deleted I tried to reinstall it from their software. but again it freezes and I think the installation got interrupted ,and everytime I shutdown and open I kept receiving this BSOD of driver_irql_less_or_not_equal (amdkmpfd.sys)

I checked the driver that was installed and I see it got updated it's version.from what I remember it supposed to be 14.xxx.xxxx but now it's 27.XXX 

the problem might be because the driver is updated that it's not compatible with the current OS .which mine is currently Windows 10 and the original OS ver of this laptop is Windows 7 (Edit: I don't remember which exactly the default AMD Radeon version that I need to rollback but all I know it starts with number 14, also can't rollback in Device Manager because it can't find anything to rollback, AMD cleaner really cleaned everything ,and I don't think AMD Radeon 8690M is the default for this E6440 i7 variant, i don't want to install another possible incompatible driver. I need this laptop very much for school)

here my Full laptop device info:

Dell latitude E6440 intel i7 ,4GB RAM WIN10 Pro (default GPU versions: Intel HD graphics 4000, AMD Radeon 8600M Series (old version which was 14.xxx.xxxx)

@Temmy09 

UPDATE for the problem:

i have fixed mine , though it will probably have issues when running higher end games because it's downgraded, (as for that newer versions of Radeon 8600M series 19.xxx to 27.xxx seems unstable and sadly cant find a way how to install a new version without errors, I really wanted to update mine aswell). I just reinstalled my AMD catalyst and it installed a old driver 15.200.1062.1004  or 15.201 from 2015 which Works and my laptop is back as normal, everything is fine and no more BSOD/crash

Goodluck and I hope this helps for you to rollback your driver 

16647072402242663018904338583905.jpg

BNITRO
Adept III

Dell latitude E6540 works perfect just pad paste and love it. 

IMG_20211229_084957.jpg

0 Likes